In Collaboration With Ixia, Brocade Will Demonstrate the Performance, Reliability and Advanced Feature-Set of the Industry's First 100 GbE Terabit-Trunk Router
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 05/09/11 -- - INTEROP 2011 -- Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) today announced that it will work with Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA) to replicate mission-critical service provider environments and test high-capacity Brocade® Ethernet network solutions designed to help service providers become cloud-optimized. The demonstration creates a true-to-life service provider infrastructure scenario for increasing IPv4/IPv6 routing scalability within the core Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network while retaining high service levels for end customers. The demonstration will be held in the Brocade booth (# 833) during Interop Las Vegas 2011, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
As service providers evolve to become destinations offering cloud-based services, rather than just basic data delivery, the performance and scalability demands on their networks have increased significantly. The Brocade MLXe Core Router is a 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE)-ready solution that enables service providers and virtualized data centers to support these demands by efficiently delivering cloud-based services that use less infrastructure and help reduce expenditures.
In this specific demonstration, Brocade and Ixia will test the IPv4/IPv6 traffic flows, MPLS and throughput capabilities of the Brocade MLXe multiservice router over 10 and 100 GbE connections. By leveraging Ixia's leading test solutions, attendees will be able to view the following:
- Ixia IxNetwork application emulating a large-scale Layer 3 virtual private network (VPN) topology surrounding the Brocade MLXe router
- Brocade MLXe router maintaining forwarding information and peering relationships
- IxNetwork generating line-rate traffic sourced and destined over K2 100 GbE ports and Xcellon-Flex™ 10 GbE ports to fully load the Brocade MLXe router, showcasing the forwarding plane performance
- IxNetwork's real-time flow statistics and detailed reporting tools validating the scalability of the Brocade MLXe peering sessions and control plane scalability
- Brocade MLXe forwarding low-latency traffic to all destination routes
- Repeatable and scalable testing using Test Composer automation built into IxNetwork
- Brocade and Ixia Test Overview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zXXM6L1GQY
- Brocade Service Provider Solutions http://www.brocade.com/solutions-technology/industry/service-provider/index.page
- Ixia Data Center Solutions http://www.ixiacom.com/solutions/testing_data_center_nems/index
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world's leading organizations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere. (www.brocade.com)
Brocade, the B-wing symbol, BigIron, DCFM, DCX, Fabric OS, FastIron, IronView, NetIron, SAN Health, ServerIron, TurboIron, and Wingspan are registered trademarks, and Brocade Assurance, Brocade NET Health, Brocade One, Extraordinary Networks, MyBrocade, VCS, and VDX are trademarks of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. Other brands, products, or service names mentioned are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
© 2011 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.