New Tivoli Monitoring Videos!
Want to learn more about IBM Tivoli Monitoring? IBM Education Assistant offers dozens of educational videos at no cost! Here are the newest videos:
- How to run a SOAP query with the SOAP client command-line utility kshsoap - A 5-minute overview of how to use the command-line utility kshsoap on Windows, Linux, and UNIX systems, including techniques for debugging the SOAP query. Applies to versions: 6.1, 6.2, 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3, 188.8.131.52.
- Dynamically modify trace setting with the tacmd command - Learn to set and list the trace settings with the tacmd command. This command, which is new in V6.2.3 Fix Pack 02, doesn't require you to log into the Service Console, nor does it use a specific port (that might be blocked by a firewall). Applies to version: 184.108.40.206.
- System p Agents 6.2.2, configuring and starting agents - This video covers the key concepts of the Tivoli Monitoring System p agents, how to configure the agents in AIX or VIOS environments, how to set up the connection with the HMC, and how to start the agents. It describes the agent processes and how they collect data, including how to configure them to collect data from the HMC without prompting for a password, by exchanging SSL keys. It also explains how to configure a Tivoli Monitoring System p agent to display data on the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. Applies to version: 6.2.2.
- Using the kulmapper utility to test the log format for the UNIX Logs Agent - The UNIX Logs (UL) agent, which is used to monitor generic user logs (GULS), includes the kulmapper utility. This video teaches you to use this utility to create and test your log format definition statements for parsing generic user logs. Applies to version: 6.2.3.
Troubleshooting and problem determination
- Private situations - What's a private situation? How is it different than an enterprise situation? Find out in this video! Also, learn about the private situation XML specification, and how to create and activate a private situation. Applies to versions: 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3.
- Identifying problems that result in a core dump on AIX - Watch this video to learn to recognize when a monitoring application is stopping on AIX, determine whether it produced a core file, use the snapcore utility to gather files to determine the cause of the crash, and use traceback information from the core file to match it with known problems. Applies to version: 6.1.
- Diagnostic log collection steps for monitoring agent for i5/OS
- This video teaches you to check the version of the monitoring agent
for i5/OS, configure the agent to produce extensive trace information,
collect the agent RAS1 trace log files, and collect the agent i5/OS job
log (spool) files. Applies to versions: 6.2, 6.2.1.
- Troubleshooting the common monitoring agent for i5/OS problems - Learn to troubleshoot common problems encountered by the monitoring agent for i5/OS as well as high processor utilization by the agent job CT_AGENT. Applies to versions: 6.2, 6.2.1.
And don't forget to watch the rest of the Tivoli Monitoring videos
from IBM Education Assistant! You'll find videos about installation, configuration, component communication, Tivoli Data Warehouse, agents, event integration, situations, administration, troubleshooting, and Agent builder.