The IBM BPM v8 was released in May. The announcement letter for the same can be found here
The various features added to this product in v8 are
Process Portal Enhancements
The new V8.0 Process Portal has been enhanced to use Web 2.0 Technology which allows you to
deliver a highly collaborative work experience.
- The Process Portal has been now based on the Business Space.
- It allows you to collaborate with another user on the task by inviting that user.
- You can see the different tasks being worked upon in the Stream tab.
- You can collaborate with the expert to get his help in completing the task.
- You can now restrict the ad-hoc task in Portal
- There are three inline tasks available which can be completed in single action
- Simple Approval
- Simple Decision
- Simple Completion
- New Coach Designer – It allows you to create and reuse custom user-defined Coach controls, sections and templates.
- Shared Business Objects – By default the Business Objects are private. With this release you can create the Shared Business Object. This will allow you to share the Business Object by Reference within same instance or different instances
- Enhanced Exceptions Handling – In this release there has been improvement in Exceptions Handling. So now you can handle the exception thrown by Advanced Integration Services (AIS) or any Integration Services or a General System Services
- Auto-flow to the Next Task – This feature allows you to move to the next task without claiming the next task if the tasks are configured for this functionality.
- Terminate End Event behavior enhancement – Terminate End Event now allows the control to just Terminate the existing Process and sub process or the complete process.
- Rich Text Formatting in Descriptions
- OSLC External Linking Support – It allows linking the Process Application with the RTC Work items or the Test cases
- Web Services Stack Upgrade – In this release the web services implementation is changed from Axis to JAX WS implementation in WAS.
Enhanced Content Management Support
- It provides you the ability to interact with documents in enterprise content management systems via Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) API
- IBM BPM allows you to integrate with any CMIS compliant ECM systems.
Process Center Enhancements
- There is an ability to share the toolkits across different process centers
- New copy feature enables to copy selected artifacts from any snapshot in track to the tip of another track or main stream
- You can compare the content of different tracks and copy the content across them
Business Monitor Enhancements
- In Business Monitor, you can have dashboards generated automatically when you deploy a monitor model. This option is available at deploy time of a monitor model application.