Members ask.. what is the trick to adding additional photos to my developerWorks profile? Adding your basic vanity photo or "mugshot" is a simple profile task... but what about adding additional pictures to my profile.. is this possible? You bet!
First, create an account on one of the many photo sharing sites available today. I already have an existing Flickr account, so I uploaded a few pictures that I wanted to share with the developerWorks membership.
Once you have uploaded your photos, you will need to get the URL location for each picture that you want to share. Here is a simple technique I use to get the URL location from a Flickr hosted photograph:
- From within Flickr, display the photo you would like to share.
- Next, click the right mouse button on the photo, and select the "properties" choice.
- When the image properties are displayed, copy the image "Location" URL.
Now your ready to insert the flickr photograph into your developerWorks profile:
- First edit your profile by navigating to the Edit My Profile -> About Me -> My professional experience tab.
- From this tab, click the mouse within the edit widget to set the location where you want to insert your flickr photograph.
- Then click the edit widget "Insert Image" toolbar icon and paste the flickr URL into the image properties URL field.
- Finally click "Set" to insert the flickr photograph. It should now display within the edit widget.
- Don't forget to click Update to save your profile changes!
That is the trick! You can add multiple pictures to either My professional expertise or My biography and interests. Both of these areas of your profile are limited to 1,500 characters... but you know the old saying... a picture is worth a thousand words!