I'm very happy to announce the release of the Multichannel Feature Pack for Web Experience Factory 8.0. This feature pack builds on the existing mobile and multichannel support of Web Experience Factory (WEF) and adds two new key features:
- Multichannel and responsive UI support: This gives you out-of-the-box UI design support for building applications that look great on all desktop and mobile devices. These new layouts and styles use responsive web design (RWD) features, and they are designed to work seamlessly with the new Portal theme from Portal 8 Updates and with the latest Content Template Catalog release (CTC4). There is also a nice new wizard for creating multichannel models that use the new UI features.
This feature pack release coincides with the release of an update for WebSphere Portal 8.0 which includes a new responsive mobile theme and a new version of Content Template Catalog (CTC4) for use with Web Content Manager. All these releases come just in time for the IBM Connect 2013 conference in Orlando next week, so for anyone attending that conference you'll be seeing lots of demos of all of this. And you can stop by the "Meet The Developers" lab to talk to me and other developers.
To go along with the feature pack we've published some samples and articles so that you can easily get going with the new features. For using Worklight and the new camera builder there are several steps involved in configuring everything, involving Worklight, a mobile device SDK such as Android or iOS, and WEF; to help you through this, there's a detailed article linked below showing the steps involved. And for the new data layouts and styles, there's a set of samples you can download and run.
Here are key links related to the feature pack. I hope you download it and try it out!
- Feature pack documentation: Multi-Channel FeaturePack For IBM Web Experience Factory v8.0
- Feature pack download: IBM Multi-Channel FeaturePack for IBM Web Experience Factory v8.0 on Solutions Catalog
- This feature pack requires the 188.8.131.52 Fixpack for Web Experience Factory (ZIP file which includes a readme): Web Experience Factory Fixpack 184.108.40.206 download from Fix Central
- Article on getting started and configuration for using the camera builder: Getting Started and Enabling Worklight Support
- Camera builder samples: Camera Builder Samples for the Multichannel Feature Pack for WEF 8.0
- New Data Layout samples: Using the new Multichannel Responsive Data Layouts provided with the Feature Pack for Web Experience Factory 8
- Slides from IBM Connect 2013 "JumpStart" session: Build Hybrid Multichannel Apps Using IBM Worklight, WebSphere Portal and Web Experience Factory
- Video showing some of the features of the Feature Pack, including Worklight integration: New demo showing IBM Web Experience Factory Feature pack
- WebSphere Portal Updates for 8.0, including the new responsive theme: Instructions for WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager V220.127.116.11
- Content Template Catalog 4 (CTC4) download: IBM Content Template Catalog 4.0 for WebSphere Portal v8.0
- Information on IBM Worklight 5.0.5: Getting started with IBM Worklight