It will be held at:
Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour
150 Day Street
DURATION: 2.5 days
DATE: 6-8 December 2010 (thats a Monday to Wednesday).
I am personally organising the session list in conjunction with our USA based Symposium organisation team. I am also helping to line up the speakers.
The focus is definitely on helping clients see the IBM vision while getting practical information on how to get the best use of IBM System Storage.
The final session list is still being finalised, once it is, I will be posting it.
Jenny Morris and Danielle Lofting will be organising the venue. They have a fantastic, enthusiastic and very experienced team, so the organisation will be at a very high level.
I have posted the current symposium description below.
As I said... more news to come, so stay tuned.
Come away from our first Annual System Storage® Technical Symposium in Asia Pacific with strategic and tactical knowledge of how to optimise every aspect of your customers' server/storage network. Let IBM® executives, developers and industry expert speakers from all around the world help you realise what the very latest on IBM Storage technology means to your bottom line.
The IBM System Storage Technical Symposium in Sydney will offer sessions and tracks in Archiving & Compliance, Business Continuity, Disk Systems, Open Systems & System z® Storage Management, Security Storage Networking (Data Center Networking (DCN) - Network Attached Storage (NAS) - Storage Area Network (SAN)), Tape Systems, SONAS and Virtualization solutions.
Test-drive the latest technologies through hands-on labs. Roll up your sleeves and get involved with the latest systems and software
- Attend this Technical Symposium and find out how you can address the growing challenge of managing and securing retention-managed data using storage solutions from IBM and IBM Business Partners. Learn about the latest enhancements to the IBM System Storage portfolio, all of which support virtualization, openness and collaborative innovation.
- Learn how to dramatically improve storage utilisation by using IBM's unique and patented HyperFactor® technology in the IBM System Storage ProtecTIER® Deduplication solutions
- Discover how to rapidly expand storage infrastructure by 100s of terabytes up to multiple petabytes at a time with minimal effort using IBM’s new Scale Out Network Attached Storage (SONAS) solution
- Learn about the impact of cloud computing on storage infrastructure
- Discover how to protect information with IBM self-encrypting disk and tape storage solutions.
- Learn about the IBM XIV® Storage System, a revolutionary high-end open disk system designed to support key current and future business requirements for a highly available information infrastructure.
- Discover new Tivoli® Storage Productivity Centre functions that deliver enhanced management capabilities for virtualization technologies, including AIX®, VMware® and SAN Volume Controller (SVC).
- Learn how to use IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) to automate data backup and restore functions, and centralise storage management operations
- Discover how to reduce cost and complexity through consolidation and virtualization using the new DS8700 with solid state drives (SSDs)
Want to enrol? Head here.