I have indirectly been getting copies of this 4 page, .PDF, once a quarter, Power Systems Newsletter written by Richard Milton (an IBMer in the USA) and every time found a few "Wow! That's Cool!" items in it.
I just checked with Richard and he says anyone is free to sign up to the email list and you will get it emailed to you once a quarter. I have signed up. Needless to say, it is for Techies and not marketing fluff but has a couple of one page quick details of particular products and experience and comments on them. Then there are some interesting techies tools. Just the right length for me to decide if I should find out more or not.
The current December 2012 issue covers:
- Smart Cloud Entry - the future for provisioning those simpler workloads.
- HMC Scanner - looks interesting as it gets all your HMC, machine and VM data into a Excel spreadsheet format.
- Move to AIX - looking as the Migration Factory and easy and hard application to move.
- Two Methods for Measuring Network Bandwidth - ignoring FTP which is single threaded and not a good test above 1GB but iperf looks very interesting and might save me having to write nnet!! Note: on the screen it looks like a lowercase L but it is an lowercase i in front of the perf. The link to the download should be http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.iperf
- Quick summary about POWER7+ processor.
- The latest Redbooks on all things POWER and related software.
- User Group meetings in East USA.
- Don't forget the World Wide AIX Virtual User Group regular web meetings (www.tinyurl.com/aixvirtualusergroup).
All in just four quick to read pages.
Signing up is easy - email firstname.lastname@example.org (the author) with a Subject: Power Systems Newsletter please
Below is a mini copy with resolution low enough that you can't read it so you have to sign up :-)