So, have you been having issues when usng the Archiver Utility on WebSphere Partner Gateway (WPG) 6.2? During this period I have dealt with a number of these issues and I thought I would share some useful links to help troubleshoot these issues.
WebSphere Partner Gateway provides an Archiver utility for archiving and purging data from the system. Using the WebSphere Partner Gateway console, you can schedule the archiver task to run automatically without manual intervention. In case of failure, the report and the corresponding error event generated will help you take corrective actions.
The archiver task will be configured while installing the WebSphere Partner Gateway hub. You can enable or disable the archiver task using the console. The console also allows you to restore the data backup, and search for a specific document by providing the required parameters in the filter criteria.
As a WebSphere Partner Gateway system administrator, you can perform or monitor the following operations:
- Archiver configuration: you can view and modify the archiver task.
- Archiver runtime tasks: list of runtime activities that occur while archiving.
- Archiver reports: view the status of each archiver task.
- Archiver Restore: you can restore the data, which is already archived.
- User intervention for archiving: if the automatic archiver schedule fails due to some reason, you can manually archive the data.
An archiver task is a scheduled process that runs automatically at the configured time. This task is configured while installing WebSphere Partner Gateway components. As a system administrator, you can view and modify the archiver configuration details. Also, you can export or import the WebSphere Partner Gateway archiver configuration. For more information on configuring the Archiver Utility. see Archiver configuration in the WebSphere Partner Gateway information center.
Archiver runtime tasks
During runtime, the archiving activity is done as described below:
- The archiver task is started by the system.
- The configuration is read and the appropriate data is archived to the backup locations.
- The common file system is cleaned up and data is purged from the database tables.
For more information on the Archiver runtime flow, see Archiver runtime tasks
in the WebSphere Partner Gateway information center.
To view the archiver report, login as administrator and navigate to Hub Admin > Hub Configuration > Archiver > Archiver Configuration . The page lists the existing archiver task instances, that have run in the past. For more information on what the Archiver Report contains, see Archiver reports in the WebSphere Partner Gateway information center.
WebSphere Partner Gateway allows you to restore the data, which has been archived and purged from the system. For more information on how to restore the data, see Archiver Restore in the WebSphere Partner Gateway information center.
User intervention for archiving
During some instances, the automatic archiver schedule might cease to work due to various reasons. In such instances, you can manually archive the required data. For more information on how to manually archive the data, see User intervention for archiving in the WebSphere Partner Gateway information center.
Due to native database support for server side export and/or import, WebSphere Partner Gateway Archiver and Restore functionality will be restricted on the following versions:
- Oracle 9i does not support export or import through database calls. You need to perform export (and import) of database data using the scripts provided - bcgDBNonRepExport and bcgDBNonRepImport .
- DB2 version 8 does not support import using database calls. Hence you need to perform the import of database tables using the script provided - bcgDBNonRepImport.
I hope this information makes it easier to use the Archiver Utility provided with WPG 6.2.