In 2011, IBM released three new data replication products:
- IBM InfoSphere Data Replication (IIDR), v10
- InfoSphere IMS Replication for z/OS, v10
- InfoSphere Classic Change Data Capture for z/OS, v10 (for use with IMS)
One question that comes up is whether the two IMS replication products are compatible with either the new Data Replication product or the existing InfoSphere CDC products. The answer is yes - the IMS products are compatible with both new and existing products that contain the CDC technology. IMore specifically, they can provide IMS changed data to any data replication solution that you can build with IBM's CDC technology. For example, you can create unidirectional (one-way) subscriptions that feed IMS changed data to any database that can be targeted by CDC:
Two notes about this picture:
- IBM recommends you use the CDC technology in IIDR if you do not own InfoSphere CDC.
- The target DB2 can be DB2 for z/OS, DB2 LUW, or DB2 for System i.
You could also feed IMS changed data into other business software such as ETL, IBM's DataStage, and ESBs:
In other words, the new IMS data replication products extend the reach of IBM's CDC technology by adding IMS as a source for log-based capture of changed data. If you have technical questions, see the Classic CDC section of the Information Center.