IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Device Management 2.1 - Feature Release
jeremylam 27000497H9 Visits (4574)
IBM has released version 2.1 of IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Device Management (MDM).
New Major Features:
1. Reworked App Management – Viewing, deploying, and managing mobile apps has been completely remade into a more intuitive and streamline process
2. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Support – BlackBerry 4-7 devices can now be managed through the BlackBerry Enterprise Server using our new BlackBerry Management Extender
3. Smart-cloud for Notes Support - Updated our Lotus Traveler Extender to support the enhanced features available in the Smart-cloud for Notes offering.
4. FIPS Support – All components now support FIPS certified cryptography.
5. Expanded Lotus Traveler Security Policy Support – Lotus Traveler Security Policies now support a wider range of Android security policies using Lotus Traveler 8.5.3
6. Extended Android SAFE Capabilities – Added support for new Samsung Approved For Enterprise (SAFE) capabilities, such as Bluetooth and Certificate Management.
7. Enhanced Health Checks – The Health Checks Dashboard now helps address a much larger list potential optimizations and problems.
8. Update Mobile Security Configuration Management – Added Center for Internet Security (CIS) Checklist for iOS 6.0
- Self Service Portal (SSP) now supports multitenancy.
- Fixed notifications for the iOS App. The notification number will now accurately represent the number of new messages and recommended apps sent to the device.
- Fixed potential freeze in the iOS App during enrollment.
- Updated all components to support BigFix Platform 9.0
- Fixed problem with Exchange and Traveler managed devices that prevented them from being removed from the console.
- Updated how "Last Report Time" is determined in Exchange to properly reflect when a device last communicate with the Exchange server
- Added support for previously "unknown" device OSes
- The iOS Management Extender will no longer create unmanageably giant logs
- Fixed problem in Setup and Configuration Wizard where the “Test LDAP Settings” button would fail if LDAP contained too many users.
- Setup and Configuration Wizard now supports anonymous LDAP logins
- Fixed several rare potential crashes in the Android Agent.
- Fixed problem with SAFE storage decryption in the Android Agent
- Optimized the Proxy Agent to handle complex and deeply nested relevance expressions more quickly
- Upgrade your MDM components. Use the MDM Health Checks dashboard to view the components that are out of date.
Published Site Version:
- Mobile Device Management, version 60
- The release notes contain additional links for the above new features, and will be updated regu
Application Engineering Team
Tivoli Endpoint Manager
IBM Tivoli Software