The WebSphere Portal Blog
Announcing the IBM Customer Experience Suite, WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager V8 Beta Strategy and Feature Focus sessions
LaurenW 2000005B31 Tags:  manager experience ibm suite websphere customer connections portal content web mobile portals 6,122 Views
Two Conferences in One! See the sessions in plan for the Exceptional Web Experience Conference 2011 Europe!
We're very excited about all of the content, hands-on labs, demonstrations, certifications and networking activities with leading business and engineering experts in plan for the Exceptional Web Experience Conference - Europe 2011, at the ICC Congress, Berlin Germany October 10 - 14, 2011.
Better still - attendees can leverage the offerings of two events through their event registration.
Attend sessions from both the Exceptional Web Experience and WebSphere Technical Conferences. Choose from over 275 unique sessions across 12 conference tracks: Design your individual conference agenda to make the most of this one-stop education opportunity!
Expert speakers provide deep insights into business value assessment approaches, technologies, IT strategies and best practices. Learn how software innovations can increase your company's efficiency and accelerate better business outcomes!
Field reports and success stories from customers and partners, along with the demo points of the conference exhibition, offer you a direct practical approach. Numerous hands-on labs give you the opportunity to explore and evaluate the latest technologies. Network and exchange ideas with worldwide experts, top executives, architects and peers. Deep technical education enables you to bring efficiency and the latest innovations to your company. You can see the offerings for the Exceptional Web Experience event, including over 15 customer case study sessions, at the event page, (See Conference Sessions):
We look forward to meeting and working with you there! - - Lauren Wendel
Now Available! Version 8.0 Beta for IBM Customer Experience Suite, IBM WebSphere Portal and IBM Web Content Manager
As with previous versions of IBM WebSphere Portal and Content Manager released over the past several years, we offer an open beta program to enable our customer, partner and IBM community to evaluate future platform directions.
We are pleased to announce "Beta One" availabilty of our next major release; IBM Customer Experience Suite, WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager Version 8, operating on WebSphere Application Server 8.
Version 8.0 Beta offers users a more seamless and rich user experience. Features includes enhanced integration of web analytics, social services , rich content management and search optimization, operating on WebSphere Application Server Version 8.
1) The ability to track effectiveness of web properties through new user-friendly overlay statistics, also new flexible options to tag pages, portlets or web content and measure their usefulness through Campaign and Custom tags. 2) An integrated, seamless and in context experience of Community pages in Websphere Portal placing IBM Connections resources in the right Portal and Web Content Manager context, and an integrated and consistent tagging and rating experience 3) The ability to integrate Facebook, Google and Yahoo ID's with WebSphere Portal. 4) Integrate with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and other systems through Web Content Manager support for CMIS standard. In addition, the Beta introduces the the ability to create Web Content with point-and-click simplicity using the new Content Templating user interface. 5) Optimize external search for Web content rendered through WebSphere Portal.
2) An integrated, seamless and in context experience of Community pages in Websphere Portal placing IBM Connections resources in the right Portal and Web Content Manager context, and an integrated and consistent tagging and rating experience
3) The ability to integrate Facebook, Google and Yahoo ID's with WebSphere Portal.
4) Integrate with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and other systems through Web Content Manager support for CMIS standard. In addition, the Beta introduces the the ability to create Web Content with point-and-click simplicity using the new Content Templating user interface.
5) Optimize external search for Web content rendered through WebSphere Portal.
Our team is often asked how to approach developing the mobile versions of web content pages. How to begin and what needs to be considered and prioritized as you go? Once you determine which mobile devices you will need to support (if you need to support one or two devices that your organization has standardized on, developing a mobile portal page using a development tool such as Rational Application Developer or Portlet Factory may be a great option for your organization). Several useful mobile application examples are available from the engineering team, located in the WebSphere Portlet Factory wiki, http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/xpViewRecent.xsp?searchValue=mobile. Other organizations realize they will need to support more than three mobile devices (and their updates) and may choose a multi-channel server option, such as Mobile Portal Accelerator, to help automate mobile portal development and display optimization for thousands of in-market devices, and their updates in the future. We've worked with a number of organizations worldwide that have saved development and code maintenance costs using this approach. A demonstration of the power of Mobile Portal Accelerator to optimize content for virtually all mobile devices in -market can be viewed here on an IBM "Demonet" server: http://mpademo.net:10040/wps/portal (you can check this out with your own mobile device)!
You'll find other useful articles providing best practice guidance in the Developing Exceptional Web Experiences redwiki http://wiki1.swg.usma.ibm.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Table_of_Contents, and other tips and techniques in the Mobile Portal Accelerator wiki:http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/xpViewCategories.xsp?lookupName=IBM%20Mobile%20Portal%20Accelerator.
We look forward to helping further as you deliver your Exceptional (mobile) Web Experiences. - -Lauren
TNunes 100000GJQH Tags:  analytics exceptional northstar experience management content rich experiences media ibm web marketing project 4 Comments 9,078 Views
IBM Project Northstar was introduced today at the Portal Excellence Conference in Chicago. Conference attendees were given the opportunity to hear about IBM's vision and multi-year roadmap for how organizations can create next-generation online experiences. The focus of IBM Project Northstar is to bring together the capabilities organizations need to create and deploy exceptional Web experiences that attract and retain the best customers, improve brand loyalty, increase customer satisfaction, and lower operational costs.
Realizing the full potential of an organization's Web presence can mean any number of things... Increased customer satisfaction, heightened profitability, enhanced organizational efficiency, customer retention and acquisition. In addition, how customer's interact via one channel impacts other channels as well, requiring solutions that address multi-channel needs. Finally, creating exceptional Web experiences that are competitvely differentiated enough to dazzle, retain, and acquire new customers requires a Web platform that's both agile and insightful, combining an open and extensible foundation with additional cabilities including social and real-time communication, search, personalization, marketing tools, integration capabilities, mobile device support, real-time analytics, rich media management and more.
Read more about IBM Project Northstar at www.ibm.com/northstar.
jasonCornell 060001JGYY Tags:  2.0 dojo interactive exceptional web ajax rich experience 1 Comment 7,701 Views
Download WebSphere Portlet Factory Next Beta now to supercharge delivery of applications that deliver exceptional Web experiences with the most advanced, rich and highly interactive user interfaces from https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=swg-wspfnob. WebSphere Portlet Factory Next Beta provides new features and enhancements enabling faster and simpler creation of richer, more interactive and scalable applications including:
• Expanded support for the latest, advanced Dojo toolkit User Interface widgets and controls enabling delivery of exceptional web experiences