The WebSphere Portal Blog
Announcing the IBM Customer Experience Suite, WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager V8 Beta Strategy and Feature Focus sessions
LaurenW 2000005B31 Tags:  manager experience ibm suite websphere customer connections portal content web mobile portals 5,027 Views
Two Conferences in One! See the sessions in plan for the Exceptional Web Experience Conference 2011 Europe!
We're very excited about all of the content, hands-on labs, demonstrations, certifications and networking activities with leading business and engineering experts in plan for the Exceptional Web Experience Conference - Europe 2011, at the ICC Congress, Berlin Germany October 10 - 14, 2011.
Better still - attendees can leverage the offerings of two events through their event registration.
Attend sessions from both the Exceptional Web Experience and WebSphere Technical Conferences. Choose from over 275 unique sessions across 12 conference tracks: Design your individual conference agenda to make the most of this one-stop education opportunity!
Expert speakers provide deep insights into business value assessment approaches, technologies, IT strategies and best practices. Learn how software innovations can increase your company's efficiency and accelerate better business outcomes!
Field reports and success stories from customers and partners, along with the demo points of the conference exhibition, offer you a direct practical approach. Numerous hands-on labs give you the opportunity to explore and evaluate the latest technologies. Network and exchange ideas with worldwide experts, top executives, architects and peers. Deep technical education enables you to bring efficiency and the latest innovations to your company. You can see the offerings for the Exceptional Web Experience event, including over 15 customer case study sessions, at the event page, (See Conference Sessions):
We look forward to meeting and working with you there! - - Lauren Wendel
Now Available! Version 8.0 Beta for IBM Customer Experience Suite, IBM WebSphere Portal and IBM Web Content Manager
As with previous versions of IBM WebSphere Portal and Content Manager released over the past several years, we offer an open beta program to enable our customer, partner and IBM community to evaluate future platform directions.
We are pleased to announce "Beta One" availabilty of our next major release; IBM Customer Experience Suite, WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager Version 8, operating on WebSphere Application Server 8.
Version 8.0 Beta offers users a more seamless and rich user experience. Features includes enhanced integration of web analytics, social services , rich content management and search optimization, operating on WebSphere Application Server Version 8.
1) The ability to track effectiveness of web properties through new user-friendly overlay statistics, also new flexible options to tag pages, portlets or web content and measure their usefulness through Campaign and Custom tags. 2) An integrated, seamless and in context experience of Community pages in Websphere Portal placing IBM Connections resources in the right Portal and Web Content Manager context, and an integrated and consistent tagging and rating experience 3) The ability to integrate Facebook, Google and Yahoo ID's with WebSphere Portal. 4) Integrate with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and other systems through Web Content Manager support for CMIS standard. In addition, the Beta introduces the the ability to create Web Content with point-and-click simplicity using the new Content Templating user interface. 5) Optimize external search for Web content rendered through WebSphere Portal.
2) An integrated, seamless and in context experience of Community pages in Websphere Portal placing IBM Connections resources in the right Portal and Web Content Manager context, and an integrated and consistent tagging and rating experience
3) The ability to integrate Facebook, Google and Yahoo ID's with WebSphere Portal.
4) Integrate with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and other systems through Web Content Manager support for CMIS standard. In addition, the Beta introduces the the ability to create Web Content with point-and-click simplicity using the new Content Templating user interface.
5) Optimize external search for Web content rendered through WebSphere Portal.
TNunes 100000GJQH Tags:  analytics exceptional northstar content management experience rich media experiences ibm marketing web project 3 Comments 6,910 Views
IBM Project Northstar was introduced today at the Portal Excellence Conference in Chicago. Conference attendees were given the opportunity to hear about IBM's vision and multi-year roadmap for how organizations can create next-generation online experiences. The focus of IBM Project Northstar is to bring together the capabilities organizations need to create and deploy exceptional Web experiences that attract and retain the best customers, improve brand loyalty, increase customer satisfaction, and lower operational costs.
Realizing the full potential of an organization's Web presence can mean any number of things... Increased customer satisfaction, heightened profitability, enhanced organizational efficiency, customer retention and acquisition. In addition, how customer's interact via one channel impacts other channels as well, requiring solutions that address multi-channel needs. Finally, creating exceptional Web experiences that are competitvely differentiated enough to dazzle, retain, and acquire new customers requires a Web platform that's both agile and insightful, combining an open and extensible foundation with additional cabilities including social and real-time communication, search, personalization, marketing tools, integration capabilities, mobile device support, real-time analytics, rich media management and more.
Read more about IBM Project Northstar at www.ibm.com/northstar.
TNunes 100000GJQH Tags:  portal business now web bps partners content portals issl management ibm websphere 1 Comment 5,491 Views
Web portals provide a number of valuable and well recognized features, including seamless application integration, single sign-on, personalization, integrated collaboration and more. Such features help organizations large and small deliver exceptional Web experiences that set them apart from their competition.
So why isn't everyone using portal software? Well, some organizations may be unfamiliar with Web portals and others may have IT resource concerns. In fact, a number of concerns or perceptions have delayed portal deployments in the past... Until now.
The IBM WebSphere® Portal NOW business application is a proven approach to deploying an enterprise-class portal business solution in just 16 days. A comprehensive set of application templates, combined with a defined project plan, all help deliver exceptional results and provide companies with an exponentially greater ROI.
Listen to how IBM Business Partners are leveraging WebSphere Portal NOW to deliver exceptional Web experiences to their customers...
Want to learn more about WebSphere Portal NOW? Simply contact an IBM Business Partner or IBM to learn how your organization can deploy a fully working portal and content solution faster than you ever thought possible.
~ Tim Nunes