So, now for something completely different! Unconference.
What “unconference” means to me right now is what I’ll be doing after IOD is over!
What it really means is something completely different: An unconference is where YOU do all the planning... rather than people like me :) Sound fair? OK, not all the planning, but certainly the agenda.
I think it is a great idea because those of us who planned IOD may have missed something that is very important to you. So, let us know!
The unconference will be held during the IBM Information On Demand Conference October 25 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. The Technical Unconference is open to conference attendees, students, professors, as well as local IT pros, developers, and architects. And... it’s FREE.
You and your fellow attendees will lead and participate in discussions around all facets of the future of data. We invite you to submit your ideas below for what topics should be on the Unconference agenda and vote on the best of your peers’ ideas.
To kick off the participant discussions, here are some big questions to think about:
- How should APIs & Programming languages evolve to better serve developer needs?
- What’s so different about big data? How is big data changing your company?
- Should we control how big data is used? Is privacy by design possible?
- What skills & tools do data scientists need? How will the role evolve?
For more information and to register, see Unconference.
I hope you choose to take advantage of this opportunity to share how you are shaping the future of data and learn how your peers are doing the same. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to join – and create – the conversation.
I found a few other blog entries about the Unconference that you may wish to view:
- Information On Demand Technical Unconference (October 25)
- Information On Demand (IOD) now includes technical Unconference: register now
- Information On Demand Technical Unconference
- The Technical Unconference: Submit Your Ideas