This year’s conference will be special for a number of reasons. First of all, this year is the 25th anniversary of IDUG. That’s right, 25 years of great technical education for users, by users. This is also the 30th anniversary of DB2. You can be sure that attendees and organizers will be in celebratory moods throughout the event! Why not come out and join the celebrations?
Also, any IDUG conference that takes place in Orlando tends to be special? Why? Many people like to attend conferences in Orlando so that they can bring their families for part of the week to combine the business travel with a bit of vacation. Orlando has plenty to offer, so while you’re learning, enjoy the weather and the attractions.
Full Day SeminarsIDUG One Day Seminars allow you to take a deep dive into specific aspects of DB2 with some of the most renowned speakers in our industry. Listen to these speakers and ask them your specific questions as well. This year the seminars will be held on Monday, April 29 2013 and the full day experience includes lunch as well as hard copies of the course materials. There is an additional registration fee for these seminars. For details and to register, see: Full Day Seminars at IDUG.
Here are the topics and speakers you can choose from:
- DB2 10 for z/OS DBA Administration Certification Crammer Course (Susan Lawson)
- DB2 10 for z/OS System Admin Crammer class for Certification Exam 617 (Judy Nall)
- DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Database Administration Certification Exam (Exam 611) Preparation (Roger Sanders)
- DB2 Developer's Guide comes Alive (Craig S Mullins)
- DB2 for LUW Top Gun Performance Workshop (Martin Hubel and Scott Hayes)
- Improving Query performance in DB2 LUW Warehouses (Calisto Zuzarte)
- Matching Indexes to SQL (Bonnie Baker)
Complementary WorkshopsYes, these are free, but be sure to register quickly since they tend to fill up very fast! There are two to choose from and they take place after the official conference is over, on Friday, May 3; from 8 - 2.
- DB2 10.5 for LUW Immersion Workshop - with new BLU Acceleration
- Data Warehousing with DB2 for z/OS: IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Deep Dive Workshop
For details and to register, see Complementary Workshops.
Technical SessionsThere are hundreds to choose from over 6 different tracks. The list can be found on Agenda, but follow my blog to get highlights and details of many of the sessions.
The first step is for you to get funding from your boss to come to the conference. If you need help with your justifications, see:
- Need help justifying expense of your 2013 IDUG conference? We have resources to help. http://ow.ly/gpfn6
- Great blog entry about tech conferences: "Technical Conference – It’s a skill builder, not a trip to Vegas" http://bit.ly/WRRkan
Stay tuned for more highlights and details!