Can you believe that it is already late in March! I've just returned from vacationing with my son for his March break from school... and am refreshed from the vacation... and pumped because SPRING is here!
There are several deadlines approaching quickly that you must take action on to avoid missing important opportunities.
- DB2 Chat with the Labs session featuring a panel of DB2 experts who will discuss cloud computing. Listen live on March 25, 2009 10:00 am PDT/1:30 pm EDT.
Cloud Computing and Virtualization have been named the top 2 strategic technology trends for 2009 by various analysts. With the current climate of tight IT budgets and restraints on capital expenditure, Clouds can come to the rescue with pay-as-you-use models for compute, storage and software resources, and offer flexibility to scale-on-demand. You can now lower the costs of your database solutions by taking advantage of Cloud computing with DB2.
A replay of this and prior DB2 Chat with the Labs are available for approximately one year.
- Safari Books Online is holding an exclusive webcast with Thomas Erl during which he will discuss some of the most important SOA design patterns in use today. Register today for the event that takes place Thursday, March 26 10:30 am PDT/1:30 pm EDT.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear Thomas Erl, author of the newly published SOA Design Patterns, a catalog of 85 design patterns for service-oriented architecture and service-orientation. In development for over three years, the catalog has been subjected to comprehensive reviews by hundreds of industry professionals and is in use by many of the world’s leading technology companies.
Erl will reference design principles and technologies covered by his previous two titles, SOA Principles of Service Design and Web Service Contract Design & Versioning for SOA and will further highlight some of the recent contributions to the SOAPatterns.org community site.
- Register before March 27 to qualify for the early bird discount for the IDUG 2009 NA conference taking place in Denver Colorado from Tuesday May 12 until Friday, May 15.
The IDUG 2009 North America conference features 120 hours of peer-reviewed technical presentations, written and delivered by the most sought-after DB2 experts in the world: DB2 Gold Consultants, vendor experts, IBM Distinguished Engineers, IBM Fellows, IBM Vice Presidents, and a keynote by General Manager Ambuj Goyal.
During IDUG 2009 NA, IBM is waiving their $200 certification test fee for conference attendees. There is no limit on the number of free certification tests attendees can take (or re-take, if they do not pass on their initial attempt). IBM will offer 40 different certification tests during the conference, covering DB2, Cognos, InfoSphere, content management, and U2. During a down economy, re-certification can be an effective way for database professionals to lock in their skills and value.
- The Assess and Save Offer expires on April 30, 2009. With this offer, candidates who purchase, take and PASS an Information Management Online Assessment Exam during the offering period, will automatically receive a 50% off certification voucher good for the corresponding exam. That's $100 USD right back in your pocket!
IBM offers these online assessment exams for each Information Management Professional Certification. These "practice tests" enable you to test your readiness for a minimal fee, helping you to be successful on exam day.
- Register now for the IBM Information on Demand, Berlin Germany taking place June 2 - 5, 2009.
The IBM IOD EMEA Conference is the premier Information Management conference in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA). It is the annual forum for leading organizations across the region - including our key Customers and Business Partners, Press, Analysts and employees to come together to explore the latest in Information On Demand and to share their experiences and expertise with others in this ever-growing community.
If you only attend one Conference this year, here are just some of the reasons why the IBM Information On Demand EMEA Conference 2009 is the one to attend!
If you were lucky enough to take a break... welcome back! I hope spring is inspiring you to change like it is for me.