Tech Talk Details:
Best Practices in DB2 for Linux, Unix and Windows Application Performance Management
Thursday August 30, 12:30 PM ET
Speakers: Holly Hayes and Cliff Leung
Join host Serge Rielau with guests Holly Hayes and Cliff Leung for a deep dive into IBM InfoSphere Optim solutions that offer the state of art performance monitoring and optimization technology for DB2 for LUW.
Rigorous performance monitoring and management are crucial for business critical applications. Even with premier in-engine query optimization, application performance for DB2 is dependent on factors like available resources, good database design and data access best practices.
Using these performance management solutions for DB2, Holly and Cliff will show you how to:
- identify emergent performance related problems
- diagnose where the problem resides
- resolve issues in the application or database design
- proactively prevent performance problems from re-occurring.
The featured offerings include:
- IBM InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager
- InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner
- InfoSphere Optim Configuration Manager
- InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime
which are also part of DB2 Advanced Enterprise Edition and
InfoSphere Warehouse Advanced Enterprise Edition.
Have you missed any of the previous TechTalks? No worries, they were
recorded and are available whenever you are:
- Prepare for DB2 V10 Certification Part One
- Prepare for DB1 V10 Certification Part Two
- Oracle Database and SQL/PL Compatibility
- Technical Tour of New DB2 10 and InfoSphere Warehouse 10
- Solving Complex Data Warehousing Problems
PS: Thanks Serge Rielau and Cindy Russell for your dedication to this program.