DB2 9.7 is now available, and you should consider giving it a try. Why?
1) You can download DB2 Express-C for free to see how the latest features work.
2) I've had the pleasure of reviewing the latest edition of the "Getting Started with DB2 Express-C" free book. Raul and his team did an amazing job writing a short book that covers just about everything that you need to know to get started using DB2. The latest edition isn't posted yet, but should be really soon.
3) Compression, WLM, and SQL/PL are the big stories. Did you see the cool video that explains how great these feature is? The video is actually the Technology Update Chat with the Lab.... watch it :)
4) 35% Improvement in DBA Efficiency
DB2 automatically performs time-consuming database administration tasks like memory management and storage allocation.
5) Lower Server and License Costs
DB2 needs fewer processors, which means less hardware to purchase. It also means less software to license and maintain.
6) Lower Storage Costs
DB2 customers are reporting compression ratios of up to 83%, which means less storage to buy and maintain.
7) Easier XML projects
Customers are reporting that XML projects require between 30% and 66% fewer people.
8) Peace of Mind
DB2's world class security and audit features ensure that you meet your current needs, as well as your evolving future needs.
9) Free update for customers with DB2 support!
For these and all reasons, check out the IBM Upgrade to DB2 9.7 website.