by Craig Mullins
This is Craig’s second book this year! Make sure you congratulate him on this amazing accomplishment!
The DB2 Developer’s Guide 6th Edition: A Solutions-Oriented Approach to Learning the Foundation and Capabilities of DB2 for z/OS came out earlier this year and Database Administration: The Complete Guide to Practices and Procedures (2nd Edition)will be launched at the IBM Information on Demand Conference.
If you're in Europe, you can purchase this book and many others in the IBM Press series at 35% off the retail price, plus free shipping in the UK and discounted in other countries.About the book:
Database Administration, Second Edition is the definitive, technology-independent guide to the modern discipline of database administration. Packed with best practices and proven solutions for any database environment, this book fully reflects the field's latest realities and challenges. Drawing on his unsurpassed database experience, Craig focuses on the problems today's DBAs actually face, and the skills and knowledge they simply must have. Craig covers every aspect of the DBA role, including creating database environments; data modeling and normalization; design; performance; data integrity; compliance and governance; security; backup/recovery; disaster planning; data and storage management; data movement/distribution; data warehousing; database connectivity; metadata; tools, and more.
This edition's updates and improvements include:
- New coverage of "Big Data," database appliances, cloud computing, NoSQL, and other crucial trends
- An all-new chapter on regulatory compliance and the DBA
- New material on data breaches, auditing, data encryption, data retention, database archiving, data masking and sound metadata management policies
- Coverage of important new features in leading databases (e.g. temporal data, multi-level security)
- End of chapter questions that reinforce readers' understanding and can serve as project-oriented classroom assignments
- New glossary and updated DBA "rules of thumb"
Meet Craig on Tuesday, October 23 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm at the IOD bookstore. These books can be purchased at the IOD bookstore for a 20% discount. Meet Craig and find out how he managed to publish two books in a year!
Also attend Craig’s IOD session: 1066A Ten Breakthroughs That Changed IBM DB2 Forever; Thu, Oct 25, 2012; 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM - Islander B
Follow Craig’s Blogs & Twitter account as well: