This year at the IBM Information on Demand Conference, we’ll be launching the NEW DB2 for z/OS book in recognition of DB2’s upcoming 30th Anniversary:
Flashbook: IBM DB2: The Past, Present and Future: 30 Years of Superior Innovationby Surekha Parekh, Terry Purcell, John Campbell, Ruiping Li and Don Haderle
About the book:
Top DB2 experts John Campbell and Terry Purcell have contributed to this book, but as a special treat, we also managed to have Don Haderle - "The FATHER of DB2" contribute to the book. This book is not only full of RICH, TECHNICAL content but is will also be a "keepsake" for DB2 fans for years.
For further information on the 30th Anniversary details, see Surekha’s blog: New Book To be Launched at IBM Information On Demand: IBM DB2: The Past, Present and Future
If you are attending the IBM Information on Demand Conference, get a free printed copy of this book at the Author Signing and Giveaway that is scheduled:
- Monday October 22, 12:30 – 1:30 at bookstore
After the conference is over, a free e-version of the book will be available for you to download. Follow my blog to ensure that you are one of the first to know where you can download the book.
Other sessions by these authors:
- Session # 2032A - IBM DB2 for z/OS Migration: Query Performance Considerations - Islander A; Tue, Oct 23, 2012; 8:15 AM - 9:30 AM
- Session # 1723A - Application Best Practices and Recommendations Specific to IBM DB2 for z/OS Data Sharing - Islander A; Tue, Oct 23, 2012; 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM
- Session # 4012A - IBM DB2 10 for z/OS Migration Planning and Experiences - Part 1 - Islander A; Wed, Oct 24, 2012; 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM
- Session # 4013A - IBM DB2 10 for z/OS Migration Planning and Experiences - Part 2 - Islander A; Wed, Oct 24, 2012; 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Session # 3942B BOF: IBM DB2 for z/OS and Tools: Ask the Experts Panel - South Pacific F; Wed, Oct 24, 2012; 6:15 PM - 7:15 PM
- Session # 1840A - Protecting Your IBM DB2 for z/OS Assets With Effective Backup and Recovery Strategies - Islander A; Thu, Oct 25, 2012; 8:15 AM - 9:30 AM
- Session # 1845A - Runstats Challenges for Optimal Query Performance - Islander B; Mon, Oct 22, 2012; 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Session # 3922B BOF - New SQL Function and Performance in DB2 10 for z/OS - Bayside Dining IM BoF Tables 5&6; Tue, Oct 23, 2012; 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM
- Session # 2049A - Do These IBM DB2 10 Optimizer Enhancements Apply to Me? - Islander B; Wed, Oct 24, 2012; 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Session # 3923B BOF - Query Performance Challenges with DB2 10 for z/OS - Bayside Dining IM BoF Tables 3&4; Wed, Oct 24, 2012; 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM
- Session # 2054A - The IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Hands-On Learning Lab - Shorelines B Lab Room 1; Thu, Oct 25, 2012; 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Session # 2991A - Social Business for IT Professionals: Career Enhancements - Islander B; Mon, Oct 22, 2012; 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM
# 3921B BOF - IBM DB2 for z/OS e-Communities, Collaboration Groups
-Social Networking World - Bayside Dining IM BoF Tables 3&4; Tue,
Oct 23, 2012; 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM
Free printed IBM Redbooks at IOD
Look at all these great FLASHBOOKS that will be at IOD this year!
Look at all these great books that will be at IOD this year!
Get Certified at the IBM Information on Demand Conference
Bare Naked Ladies – at IOD
Nate Silver – book signing & speaker at IOD
Books published in 2012 – Featured Titles
Top 25 Books Sold at IOD2011
We hope you enjoy this new book. Find out why DB2 is still growing after 30 year and how it is helping our customers to reduce costs and grow.