As mentioned in a previous post, there are several deep technical courses that you can take immediately prior to IBM’s Information on Demand (IOD11) Conference this year. My previous post described the 6 certification crammer courses that are offered. If you aren’t interested in cramming for a certification, consider this one:
The popular troubleshooting seminar is back, this time with updated information on the newest DB2 release - 9.7 Cobra! Learn how to identify and resolve problems such as database hangs, locking problems, crashes and optimizer/performance problems. DB2 V9 also provides various problem determination facilities and tools such as DB2PD. Knowing how and when to use these tools is critical in resolving problems quickly.
Take this class to learn how to identify and resolve problems such as database hangs, locking problems, crashes and optimizer/performance problems. Learn about the tools and techniques that you can use to identify performance problems caused by resource bottlenecks, locking and poor query access plans.
As a result of the class, you’ll be able to
- Characterize a problem in order to expedite resolution
- Learn how and what data to collect during intermittent hangs, slow-downs and other problems in order to decrease problem resolution time
- Understand DB2 Support's methodology in troubleshooting DB2 problems.
The instructor for this class is Aman Lalla from the IBM Toronto Lab. Aman is a senior development manager and analyst at the IBM Toronto Lab in Canada. He has 13+ years of experience with DB2 on the distributed platforms. He has worked at IBM for 15 years. His areas of expertise include DB2 problem determination in a single and muti-partition environment. Aman is currently the development manager for the IBM Smart Analytics System. He has previously written an IBM Redbooks publication on DB2 Data Links Manager and DB2 Database Partition Feature.
This is a special one-day offering being presented on Sunday, October 23, 2011 in conjunction with the IBM Information on Demand 2011 Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Registration for the IOD Conference is NOT required to attend this Sunday class. For details on the price and class objectives, see (9Q072) Deep dive into DB2 LUW Problem Determination and Troubleshooting
Other posts about the IOD Conference:
- Are you thinking of IOD yet?
- QR Codes - How to use them
- Certification Crammer Courses: IOD pre-conference training
- It’s time to start planning for IBM’s Information on Demand (IOD) Conference
- Have you benefited from IBM Information Management training resources?
- Meet Author Sandy Carter at IOD2011 - Get Bold: Using Social Media
- Meet Netezza Expert & Author David Birmingham at IOD11