Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011 (31.3.2010)
Time: 12:30 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern Time (ET)
11:30 AM Central / 9:30 AM Pacific / 17:30hrs London / 18:30hrs Frankfurt, Paris / India 11 PM
Many database professionals and DBAs often ask how DB2 and Oracle compare architecturally, that is, how they are different and similar at their core. They also ask what are the equivalent concepts, names, commands etc. in the other database system. This free webinar will answer those questions by covering the following topics in detail:
- Server architecture comparison (e.g. instances and database model, process vs. thread)
- Memory architecture comparison (e.g. Oracle SGA & PGA vs. DB2 instance, database and application memory)
- Parameters, environment variables and registry variables
- Database storage model comparison (e.g. table space types and layouts, compression approaches)
- Basic database administration comparison (e.g. terminology, create database, start/stop, dictionary vs. system catalog, performance)
- Compatibility mode for running Oracle applications with DB2
This webcast is intended for database professionals:
- familiar with Oracle and looking to learn more about DB2 (for Linux, Unix and Windows),
- familiar with DB2 and looking to learn more about Oracle
- who work in a heterogeneous environment and looking to expand their DBMS knowledge and career prospects.
Join Sal Vella and Burt Vialpando on Thursday Mar 31, 2011, at 12:30 PM Eastern to learn more.
For questions/comments/suggestions: http://www.channeldb2.com/group/db2chatwiththelab