My top 5 highlights from IMPACT!!!
1) 104 customer speakers showcasing their SOA success was a highlight of the inaugural IBM SOA and WebSphere event which attracted 4.264 attendees. Having this many customers tell their Stories was amazing! It generated widespread interest and enthusiasm for SOA!
2) The client value of the New SOA announcements at IMPACT 2007! Dozens of new offerings were built upon the three major SOA launches executed over the past 18 months and centered on the Business, Technical and Personal Impact of SOA. Noteworthy new offerings include: Eight SOA Industry Roadmaps representing six industries (banking, healthcare, telecom, retail, insurance and industrial); six new integrated SOA professional services; BPM enabled by SOA; new support for System z and p; Innov8, a BPM Simulator; and expanded SOA education.
3) 250+ Press articles (35 business press), 100 postiive blog entries and 8 analyst reports showcase the energy momentum of the event and SOA announcements. We announced 4,500 IBM customers have used IBM SOA offerings. This amount of energy was amazing. My favorite quotes were:"SOA is the bridge between IT and business that IBM has been pioneering. And, as far as I can tell it must be hot, hot, hot! The event had the flavor of a kind of corporate Woodstock because…one got the feeling that something about this gathering was going to have a big effect on the wider culture."-- Crossing Digital Divides - Virtual Realities in World 2.
with TechTarget reporting, “SOA is now infused throughout IBM's software platform. Its WebSphere, Tivoli and Rational lines literally ooze SOA from every pore. Behind the software, IBM has an army of Global Services consultants.”
4) The interest in the Skills area. With 56% of companies seeing skills as a big inhibitor, it was incredible that over 500 clients took the SOA certification test and the interst in new forms of education like the Innov8 simulator for BPM!See the latest story on this one!!A screen shot of the game is posted on BusinessWeek's Technology section: BusinessWeek
5) Showcased the strength of the IBM SOA ecosystem. A total of 542 Business Partners attended IMPACT, including 250 attendees at Business Partner day.
This event demonstrated cross-IBM alignment and industry leadership for extreme Client Value! Business Leaders, IT Executive, Technical and Virtual IT-Business tracks highlighted the breadth of IBM offerings in SOA and WebSphere. The Business leader track included 300 business leader attendees, and there were 2100 attendees at 20 industry sessions.
Let me know how you found the conference!!
Sandy Carter: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) -- Off the Record
From archive: June 2007 X
SOASOA 060000JRQN 1,097 Views
Well, I have been in a whirlwind couple of weeks of travel around our 1H SOA announcements.
We started with the IMPACT event in Orlando. It was great seeing many of you there! The announcements, the great people, the partners... all were very energizing!
What did we announce? A set of announcements in Business Impact, Technical Impact, and Personal Impact. This blog will focus on the Business Impact announcements!! Let me hear from you on what questions you have!!
Well, first we had announcements in the Business Impact area.We announced 8 SOA Industry Roadmaps in 6 different industries. What is an SOA Industry Roadmap? It is an end to end horizontal view of how to get started with quick time to value with SOA enabling key processes by industry. The roadmaps have 2 parts to them: a Business Blueprint and SOA Industry Frameworks.
The Business Blueprint is a set of thought-leadership papers to help outline industry challenges and some solutions. These thought-leadership papers then drill into specific business scenarios, describing how those processes are typically run today and how they will be improved in the future with SOA. Each thought-leadership paper also includes a recommended SOA entry point so businesses know the best place to start to drive immediate business benefits. (The SOA Entry Points are People, Process, Information, Reuse and Connectivity.
IBM SOA Industry Roadmaps also include IBM SOA Industry Frameworks that provide industry-specific content available from IBM to support a client’s solution. IBM SOA Industry Frameworks contain composite business services and IBM Business Partner content that are built on a common foundation. Composite business services are packaged, interrelated, reconfigurable groups of optional software modules called business services that perform individual tasks tailored to the relevant industry’s users, policies and methods. The foundation on which they are built is made up of industry-specific domain models and defined product capabilities from the IBM SOA software portfolio. The SOA Industry Roadmaps that we announced are:*Banking (payments), to help realize a significant return on investment in electronic payments processing *Healthcare (member enrollment), to improve provider loyalty *Healthcare (benefits and eligibility verification), to optimize the benefit and eligibility inquiry process used by providers *Insurance (agent collaboration), to provide real-time access to policy, claims and related data through multiple modes of communication *Industrial: Product Lifecycle Management - Supply Chain Collaboration *Retail store integration, to deliver a personal shopping experience *Telecommunications (OSS), to improve order-to-cash efficiencies *Telecommunications (Internet Protocol [IP] multimedia service), to speed time to market for new converged voice, video and data services
If you see other processes that we should focus on? We have been planning out the next set of deliveries and I'd love to see your feedback on industries and processes.
See the next blog for the Technical Impact Announcements!!!