5 things to know about IBM Spectrum Scale:
- Spectrum Scale was introduced in 1998, formerly known as IBM GPFS, and also formerly known as code name IBM Elastic Storage.
- Spectrum Scale was designed from the beginning to support high performance parallel workloads, and has since proven effectiveness for a variety of applications.
- Spectrum Scale is designed to help organizations tackle emerging file storage challenges.
- A Spectrum Scale file system is built from a collection of storage devices that contain the file system data and metadata.
- Spectrum Scale helps simplify data management with integrated tools designed to help manage petabytes of data and billions of files
For more information, refer to the following website: