This project will update the previous GPFS publication: Implementing the IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS) in a Cross Platform Environment, SG24-7844. Additional areas to explore and document are:
• GPFS as a part of IBM’s broader software-defined storage environments
• Review use cases and expand the breadth of applicability of GPFS beyond traditional HPC use cases – SAP HANA, DB2 BLU Acceleration, Hadoop Analytics, Object store for OpenStack, and so on.
• Document GPFS FPO as a part of the GPFS capability for Big Data (not covered in prior IBM RedBooks)
• Position the IBM Platform Computing cloud service for clients needing high-performance software-defined storage in the cloud
• Explain the synergy between GPFS and storage intensive IBM products: Platform Symphony, Platform LSF, Algo, DataStage (where GPFS is part of the big data references architecture), Optim, BigInsights, Streams, SPSS, and so on.
In addition to updating the GPFS publication, the residency team will explore and document the following topics:
o An overview of the Platform Computing Cloud Services
o MultiCluster technology is central to the cloud service since this is how hybrid clusters are deployed
o GPFS as an option in the cloud service and why it is valuable
o Comparative economics of deploying on-premise vs. in the cloud
For additional information including the link to the nomination form, refer to the following website: