About two weeks ago, we published a tool that we use internally to troubleshoot failures with ConfigEngine scripts, and failures during WebSphere_Portal startup. The tool is called 'IBM Portal Log Analyzer' and can be found on the Lotus Greenhouse here:
The tool parses the ConfigTrace.log and the SystemOut.log for easier reading and allows you to quickly find failures so that you can begin troubleshooting.
Ideally you would use the tool for the following situations:
- Any ConfigEngine script fails (ConfigTrace.log)
- Fixpack or cumulative fix installation failure (ConfigTrace.log)
- WebSphere_Portal fails to initialize (SystemOut.log)
- WebSphere_Portal is open for e-business, but you cannot access it in a browser. (e.g. you see '404 one or more services failed to initialize'. This means the 'wps' application failed to start correctly.). (SystemOut.log)
- WebSphere_Portal is open for e-business, but one or more of your applications are unavailable. (SystemOut.log)