As the community is getting started with Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 10 (FP10), we are working to quickly address the initial feedback. Fixes for several issues are in progress, with delivery of a fix, FP10 IF1, being planned for the week of February 5.
If you use embedded Sametime and haven't already, please review the information in
A client asked me for assistance today with using the Communities API to add a member to a community. In doing some digging, I found that our existing documentation in this area is not correct and needs revision. For now, here's how I was able to get this to work, using the assumption of a known community UUID and a known user email address.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
With the above, you can easily test this using wget, as follows:
It is critical that you add the "Content-Type: appl
Chad Scott, IBM Connections, Software Support Engineer
One of your users reports using his browser to navigate in Connections and faces a BLANK screen when changing views.
Steps to reproduce are:
You do a quick search and find that Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is not supported for the Orient Me home page, as follows:
How can you help your user get past the blank screen for Orient Me, to switch back to the classic home view?
You can select one of the following workarounds to be used in this case:
Both of the options listed will help your end user to return back to work.
ICS wants to hear from you, through our Product Quality Survey: Link
Anyone can submit feedback - one survey, per product, at a time. You may remain anonymous or not.
After filling out a few required fields:
You'll be directed to a page of statements, where you can enter your experience on a scale of "strongly disagree" to "strongly agree".
Most importantly, the Comments box at the bottom is where you can share specific details about your experience with our products, what enhancements you might like to see in the near future, and how we can better serve you as a whole.
Our survey is equipped to handle these Cloud services:
These On Premises Products:
And these roles:
Let's work together to create the highest quality products on the market!
Sametime 9.0.1 Cumulative Hotfix for Meeting Server and Proxy Server - Sametime WebPlayer support for Firefox 52 and above
A new cumulative hotfix for Sametime 9.0.1 Meeting Server and Sametime 9.0.1 Proxy Server is available.
IBM is releasing this hotfix to support Sametime WebPlayer for users who are upgrading to Mozilla Firefox 52.
Mozilla Firefox 52 is a non-ESR version and no longer supports Mozilla's NPAPI.
For more information, please see this technote.
Now available on Fix Central is IBM Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 6, which addresses defects for Notes, Domino, Notes Browser Plug-in, and the Domino Open Social component. This release introduces support for IBM i 7.3 and updates the embedded JVM to 1.6 SR16 FP20. Follow the links below for details and to download:
*Note: 901FP6 will also be available for download via Passport Advantage starting May 17th
We have a number of Open Mic Webcasts coming up in November, covering different products/topics each week.
Let us know in the comments what you think of the provided .ics file and, as always, any product and topic suggestions for future Open Mics.
We strive to bring you the topics that will answer questions that you're currently facing and give you access to the technical experts who can provide that in-depth learning experience.
I got a request today to identify files that do not have a tag applied. I'm not entirely sure what the use case is here, but I imagine it's a way to ensure all files end up getting tagged by pulling a report of those that don't have a tag. In any case, you can grab the list of files with this query:
select files.media.id, files.media.label
** UPDATE (August 10, 2015) - Now Available: "Sup
Stay tuned! More details will be provided as soon as they become available.
2017 has been a busy year for IBM Domino Access Services (DAS). Here are some links to information about recent DAS enhancements and other updates.
JUMP in! We're making some changes to Open Mic Webcasts and it starts with a new name! Open Mic Webcasts will now be known as JUMP sessions. JUMP stands for Join, Understand, Master, Participate. We'll continue to feature the support-centered topics that you're accustomed to. Plus, we will be adding new topics with a focus on product roadmap/futures as well as Services offerings to provide a complete picture for you to take full advantage of your products.
We're excited for the changes and, as always, want you to be involved as we grow these sessions and develop a program that gives you the information that you need and want from IBM Collaboration Solutions. To share ideas for JUMP session topics that you'd like to see in the future, please post a comment below or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By default the list of IBM Connections Plug-ins for IBM Notes consists only of Files, Activities, Business Card, and Status Updates. Blogs and Communities are not featured plug-ins. However, you can implement the following workaround to completely integrate your on-premises Connections environment to the Notes client.
2. Scroll down My Widgets and select Start configuring your own widgets
3. Select the Web Page radio button and then select Next button
4. Select Web page by URL radio button, in the URL field enter your Connections Homepage (or any desired application) login page address, select the Next button
5. Select From a form on this web page: Build a widget from a form on this web page (HTTP POST) radio button, select the Authentication required checkbox, then select Next button
6. Click on the Form User name: posted in the Form field, the Username and Password fields should highlight, do not change the content of those fields as they are needed to continue, select Next button
7. Select the Create new account radio button:
AccountName - enter a unique name for the account, this will be stored to the Notes client
8. Authentication Test is complete, you should be able to see Connections UI, select Next button
9. Since there is another form on the Homepage UI you need to click the Form Search in the Form field, then select Finish button
10. The Connections widget is created an added to My Widgets
11. You can add the new Connections widget to the sidebar panel by right clicking the widget icon, select Open in drop-down box, select Panel option
12. The Connections widget is now added to the sidebar panel and at your disposal to access your Connections environment freely
13. However, it's difficult to see all of the UI content so I suggest right clicking the Connections widget, selecting Open in drop-down box, then select New Window option
Connections will re-authenticate with the store credentials as it presents the UI in a new window pane that you can re-size if desired.
In a prior entry we looked at setting up the Mail Onboarding Manager (MOM) client for migrating from on-prem Exchange server to a hosted-only organization. Today we'll review the steps needed to configure MOM for migrating from an on-prem Domino server to a hybrid organization.
1. Log into the service as the admin user for your organization.
2. Click your profile picture and select Downloads and Setup.
3. Click View available software under the Software Download for IBM Notes Client... link.
4. Search for "Mail Onboarding Manager."
5. Download the latest available package.
6. Launch the installer and choose your language.
7. Click Next, accept the license agreement, and click Next again.
8. Enter the install location and click Next.
9. Select your cloud data center and click Next.
10. Click Install.
11. Confirm successful installation and click Finish.
12. Open a browser and connect to http
13. Log into MOM using the same admin credentials you use to access the service.
14. Enter the connection info to access your on-prem Domino server and click OK.
15. Browse to the on-prem Domino server ID and supply its password. If the server ID has no password (normal case), leave the password field blank. Click OK.
16. Confirm the installation options and click OK.
17. Confirm you see a green check indicating the installation is complete.
18. Click Get Started and optionally take the tour of MOM features (highly recommended!).