By default the list of IBM Connections Plug-ins for IBM Notes consists only of Files, Activities, Business Card, and Status Updates. Blogs and Communities are not featured plug-ins. However, you can implement the following workaround to completely integrate your on-premises Connections environment to the Notes client.
2. Scroll down My Widgets and select Start configuring your own widgets
3. Select the Web Page radio button and then select Next button
4. Select Web page by URL radio button, in the URL field enter your Connections Homepage (or any desired application) login page address, select the Next button
5. Select From a form on this web page: Build a widget from a form on this web page (HTTP POST) radio button, select the Authentication required checkbox, then select Next button
6. Click on the Form User name: posted in the Form field, the Username and Password fields should highlight, do not change the content of those fields as they are needed to continue, select Next button
7. Select the Create new account radio button:
AccountName - enter a unique name for the account, this will be stored to the Notes client
8. Authentication Test is complete, you should be able to see Connections UI, select Next button
9. Since there is another form on the Homepage UI you need to click the Form Search in the Form field, then select Finish button
10. The Connections widget is created an added to My Widgets
11. You can add the new Connections widget to the sidebar panel by right clicking the widget icon, select Open in drop-down box, select Panel option
12. The Connections widget is now added to the sidebar panel and at your disposal to access your Connections environment freely
13. However, it's difficult to see all of the UI content so I suggest right clicking the Connections widget, selecting Open in drop-down box, then select New Window option
Connections will re-authenticate with the store credentials as it presents the UI in a new window pane that you can re-size if desired.
JaredWallacesEvilTwin 50EVF5QQCW Visits (626)
There are a great number of reasons why screen sharing on Linux can fail. Below are five things I recommend that you check to start with if you're having issues with screen sharing when using Connections Cloud Meetings. If it still fails after that, open a support ticket for more personalized help.
grep java /var
semodule -i mypol.pp
setsebool -P unco
grep chmod /var
grep chmod /var
semodule -i mypol.pp
#2. Make sure you have only IBM Java installed, and not other versions from the internet:
sudo alternatives --config java
The only entries for RHEL 6.7 should look like:
If you have multiple entries, remove the non-IBM packages by searching for the package name with
rpm -qa |grep -P "java|jre"
and then using
yum remove XXX
where XXX is the package name without the version number (ex. yum remove java-1.8.0-openjdk)
#3. Especially if you have previously downloaded java from the internet, check to see what plugin Firefox is using:
sudo alternatives --config libj
For RHEL 6.7, that should look like:
#4. Open up the Java Control Panel with ControlPanel and click on the "Security" tab. Make sure the Exception List (1) is empty and go ahead and click "Restore Security Prompts" (2). Also make sure the box is checked to allow Java in the browser (3).
#5. Open the Firefox menu and select "Add-ons", then select the "plugins" tab. For RHEL 6.7, it should look like:
CallieSummers 310000FFS1 Visits (469)
End of support plans for the IBM Connections Mail (ICM) plug-in, which can be integrated into IBM Connections to let users use their inbox and view their calendar in Connections, have been announced.
November 2016 is the end of support for ICM plug-in version 1.0 (for Connections 4.0), and version 1.3 (for Connections 4.5). End of support for ICM plug-in 1.6 (for Connections 5.0) will be one year from the publication of the technote linked below, November 17, 2017.
Technote 1993196 - When
We intend to continue to support the latest version of the plug-in, 1.7 with Connections 5.5. At this time there are no plans to release IBM Connections Mail plug-in with Connections 6.0.
JFreeman (IBM) 11000082AY Visits (891)
A new set of JVM patch installers is now available on Fix Central for Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 and 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6. Related documentation detailing fixes addressed by the patches is in the works. Links to that documentation will be added to this blog post as soon as it becomes available. You can download the patches from the JVM tab in the following technotes:
Related blog posts
Tip for updating Notes & Domino JVMs on the same system (by Chad Scott)
JFreeman (IBM) 11000082AY Visits (1071)
IBM Traveler 188.8.131.52 server is now available for download from Fix Central via this link. A full installation package will be available on Passport Advantage by November 22 (part numbers here). Note that this release does include a database schema update.
Highlights of what's new in this release are listed below. For more details, refer to the "Wha
Now Available: New pubnames.ntf for Domino 9.0.1 (extends Holiday documents + adds policy updates for IMSMO & Traveler)
JFreeman (IBM) 11000082AY Visits (1555)
A new Domino Directory template (pubnames.ntf) for Domino 9.0.1 is now available. This new template extends Holiday documents through years 2026 or 2027 and adds policy updates for Traveler and IBM mail support for Microsoft Outlook (IMSMO). For details on the updates and download information, please see the technote linked below.
Paul_Albright 060000SFCX Visits (685)
With modern browsers removing the support for NPAPI, the Notes Domino applets will no longer work. More details about this can be found here:
tcollum 120000DANV Visits (643)
We have a number of Open Mic Webcasts coming up in November, covering different products/topics each week.
Let us know in the comments what you think of the provided .ics file and, as always, any product and topic suggestions for future Open Mics.
Chad Scott 110000E1UB Visits (1163)
As you may have noticed, two awesome features were added to Verse last week. The first is entirely cosmetic but is still a huge win for people like me who obsess over fonts. I'm now able to forgo the default Arial font and pick a more appealing option. It may sound trivial to some, but this resolves a pain point for me and is most appreciated. (Help Topic - Verse: Set
JFreeman (IBM) 11000082AY Visits (855)
Interim Fix 1 for Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 for Linux64 and zLinux64 is now available for download from Fix Central. This Interim Fix addresses critical regression issues with Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 servers running on Linux64 and zLinux64. For details and download links, see the following technote:
GrahamFarrell 270005ACQ4 Visits (1113)
The Domino Certificate Authority Key Rollover, or more commonly known as Domino Key Rollover, can be a complex process to complete and can cause service outages for organizations if incorrectly executed. Based on the PMRs I've handled working for IBM Domino Server Support, I've written the following document to supplement the available Administration Help topics on this subject.
This document also highlights any current known issues that I am personally aware of and provides steps on how to work around these issues. For admins who wish to roll over only their users or perhaps their users and servers, the steps provided in the document for these entities can also be used.
I have also produced the following 4-part video series to accompany this document as an additional resource. I hope you will find these resources helpful. Your feedback is welcome!
>> Video #1 - Intro to Domino Certificate Authority Key Rollover Process (1:59)
>> Video #2 - Beginning the Domino Key Rollover Process (9:53)
>> Video #3 - Rolling over your Domino servers during the key rollover process (7:10)
>> Video #4 - Domino Key Rollover Series: Rolling over your vaulted users (5:21)
In a prior entry we looked at setting up the Mail Onboarding Manager (MOM) client for migrating from on-prem Exchange server to a hosted-only organization. Today we'll review the steps needed to configure MOM for migrating from an on-prem Domino server to a hybrid organization.
1. Log into the service as the admin user for your organization.
2. Click your profile picture and select Downloads and Setup.
3. Click View available software under the Software Download for IBM Notes Client... link.
4. Search for "Mail Onboarding Manager."
5. Download the latest available package.
6. Launch the installer and choose your language.
7. Click Next, accept the license agreement, and click Next again.
8. Enter the install location and click Next.
9. Select your cloud data center and click Next.
10. Click Install.
11. Confirm successful installation and click Finish.
12. Open a browser and connect to http
13. Log into MOM using the same admin credentials you use to access the service.
14. Enter the connection info to access your on-prem Domino server and click OK.
15. Browse to the on-prem Domino server ID and supply its password. If the server ID has no password (normal case), leave the password field blank. Click OK.
16. Confirm the installation options and click OK.
17. Confirm you see a green check indicating the installation is complete.
18. Click Get Started and optionally take the tour of MOM features (highly recommended!).
CallieSummers 310000FFS1 Visits (623)
There is a new release of the Ephox Editors that supports the Microsoft Edge browser for Textbox.io and includes a number of cumulative fixes. Read about it and get it here.
Find more info on Ephox Editors in the Knowledge Center: Opt
SallyCripe 060000Y8R8 Visits (2534)
It's here! I've been dreaming of this day, and I'm so pleased to report that it's here!
The IBM Connections Cloud Inform app (IBM Inform) -- an app that provides real time status for the IBM Connections Cloud service (overall and individual components)
Checking status just got easier.....
The TRIO is complete!
JFreeman (IBM) 11000082AY Visits (2099)
Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 was posted to Fix Central today! Follow the links below for details on the defects fixed, the new features and enhancements added, and more. Also be sure to see the announcements rolled out earlier today about the IBM