My Symphony Experiment - week 2
So I am now well in to my second week of using Lotus Symphony to process every spreadsheet, slide deck and document that I receive. Even though, inside of IBM we are more and more sending each other Open Document Format (ODF) files, I still get a lot of other formats sent to me. So far my experience continues to be good. Today I received a set of Power Point slide presentations and I was able to look them all over just fine. Yesterday I needed to open, edit and save an Excel spreadsheet and I was able to do that without problems as well. As I see things I do not like I feed them back to the development team but so far my experiment, to be honest, is going much better than I had expected. I did get one document that looked just awful when I opened it. It was actually a native ODF document so I opened it in Open Office as well to get a second opinion as it were and it looked as bad there. In the end I rather cautiously asked the author about it and was told "oh yeah sorry about that I really should tidy that up" - so I was actually seeing what I was supposed to see. I'll post more as my experiment continues.....