Today's Video: Managing your product list in the IBM Support Portal
The IBM Support Portal
is your one stop spot for technical support resources. It gives you a
unified, centralized view of all technical support tools and information
for all IBM systems, software, and services worldwide.
This short, 5 minute video
demonstrates how to create a product list in the IBM Support Portal and use it to find technical support resources on the IBM support website.
- The IBM Support Portal displays content based on the products you select.
- When you access the portal for the first time, select at least one product in the Choose a product module.
- The IBM Support Portal saves your product list for subsequent visits.
- The list of products you select make up your saved product list.
- The “Choose a product” module on each support portal page displays your saved product list.
- The products you select as active determine the content that displays in the modules, or portlets, in the main area of the Support Portal pages.
- In this video's example, a BladeCenter section displays in each module with relevant information for this product.
- To view information for a product, expand the section in the module that best matches your topic of interest.
- You can build a saved product list and include up to 100 IBM products.
- The Find a product feature provides advanced features for managing your saved product list.
- The Find a product window is especially helpful when managing a large list.
Visit the IBM Support Portal
to experience IBM's continuously updated support site first hand!
For more information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://www.ibm.com/electronicsupport
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
IBM Electronic Support Info Site | Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Electronic Support Information
site. See the video section at the bottom of the Overview page. You
may navigate to additional videos by clicking the grey arrows on the
left and right of this section.