Today's Video: An overview of the IBM Support Assistant (ISA)
This short, 5 minute video
describes how the IBM Support Assistant can help you organize, analyze,
diagnose, and resolve issues you face with IBM software and
You may find the IBM Support Assistant from the IBM Support Portal
. Just open up the "Support resources" section in the IBM Support Portal's right column and select the "IBM Support Assistant
" link - the 7th one from the top!
- The IBM Support Portal
is your one stop spot for technical support resources. It gives you a
unified, centralized view of all technical support tools and information
for all IBM systems, software, and services worldwide.
- Do you struggle with root cause analysis? Do numerous and large log, diagnostic or trace files overwhelm you?
- If yes, then you want to use the IBM Support Assistant to help you organize, analyze, diagnose, and resolve issues you face with IBM software and applications.
- Using automated data analysis, IBM Support Assistant searches your case files for knowledge-based documents, APARs, and other technical information to help you resolve issues quickly.
- IBM Support Assistant has two components.
- The IBM Support Assistant Data Collector uses predefined scripts to automatically collect data specific to the type of issue you are investigating. You can use this data to identify the origin of the issue, saving you time from reproducing the issue with the proper tracing levels set, and making it easier to send the appropriate collection information to IBM Support, if needed.
- The IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Team Server, currently in Beta, helps you perform root-cause analysis and enhance your productivity. It includes the IBM Installation Manager, which you can use to easily install software, perform updates, and add more tool add-on's. You can also download an optional Enterprise Application Archive or EAR file to deploy to an existing WebSphere Application Server.
- For complete details on the IBM Support Assistant, view our short, 5 minute video.
Thank you for watching this video.
We hope it helps you be more successful finding answers to your IBM Support questions.
Visit the IBM Support Portal
to experience IBM's continuously updated support site first hand!
For more information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://www.ibm.com/electronicsupport
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
IBM Electronic Support Info Site | Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Electronic Support Information
site. See the video section at the bottom of the Overview page. You
may navigate to additional videos by clicking the grey arrows on the
left and right of this section.