Tip of the Day: IBM Support Portal search differences
On the IBM Support Portal
, you have several different searches available to you. Each provides different functionality. Masthead search:
- This type of search is at the top of the page in the black header.
- When you use this search, you are searching all of the publicly available content across IBM.
- The masthead search includes technical support and other areas that are outside of technical support.
- This search includes the products that you selected in the IBM Support Portal, but also includes all other IBM products.
- If you use this search, and if you want to search for content about a specific product, please be sure to include the product name in the search string.
Search within results:
- This type of search is located on the right-hand side of all of the Support Portal pages.
- It is labeled "Search support."
- This search is restricted to technical support, and includes all publicly available documents in technical support as well as the technical support documents for which you have special entitlement.
- By default, the search is limited to the products that you included in your product list.
- On some pages in the Support Portal, the search is also sensitive to the task that you are performing.
- You can change how this search works, by selecting the radio button "All support & downloads".
- If you do, then you will search for all products in technical support instead of the just the products in your product list.
- This type of search appears when you click "More results" in a specific module.
- It is labeled "Search within results."
- This search provides a way to refine the results in the module for the product and any filters that you selected.
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Education Assistant
site. Click on any brand link in the center of this page, then click on
the "IBM Electronic Support tools and resources" section to expand a
listing of video topics.