Preview of November's IBM Support Portal Updates!
The IBM Support Portal site will be updated in mid-November.
In mid-November, IBM will significantly update the IBM Support Portal
with improvements to make this worldwide one-stop site for technical resources for all IBM products even more effective and useful for our clients.
- Some improvements are requests from our clients, others are redesigns to improve our clients' efficiency in finding the information they need. Here's a quick rundown of the new capabilities to look for.
- Click on the image to the right for a full-size screen capture of the updated IBM Support Portal's home page.
- Product selection enhancements - Will allow users to more easily switch between single and multiple products being displayed on the IBM Support Portal's pages.
- Page simplification - IBM will move the page navigation to the top of the page, now using tabs instead of a menu list. IBM will also merge the “Planning” and “Installation” pages into one “Plan & install” page. The “Usage” page will be eliminated. Its content will be merged into other portal pages. (See screen capture to the right for an image of this new layout.)
- Improved the visibility of the “Sign in” link - Because of the increased importance of signing in to the IBM Support Portal, IBM will give the Sign in module a black background.
- Updated layout of the “More results” pages - The “More results” pages will be redesigned. The layout will be updated to make content easier to navigate and find.
- Simplified problem reporting - Problem reporting will be simplified on the the “Service requests & PMRs” page.
- Fix Finder link - Finding fixes and downloads will be simplified by a link in the portal to a Fix Central application that allows users to search for fixes and downloads based on inventory.
- Improved site assistance - IBM Support Portal Site assistance page will appear in a separate browser window enabling users to reference the site assistance while continuing to utilize the portal.
- Russian language support - The Russian language will be supported in the dynamic translation function in the right column area 'Translate this page'.
- Mobile notifications support - Mobile users who are signed in and already subscribed to product notifications will be able to access product notifications in the mobile site.
The best way to ensure that your IBM Support Portal settings are remembered is to be signed in
to the IBM Support Portal.
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Education Assistant
site. Click on any brand link in the center of this page, then click on
the "IBM Electronic Support tools and resources" section to expand a
listing of video topics.