September 2011 NewsletterThe IBM Electronic Support Newsletter
is a periodic publication that highlights general information that pertains to those interested in the IBM Support Portal
plus IBM's many online support tools
Welcome to the first edition of the IBM Electronic Support Newsletter!
We have lots of great news to share with you this month: the upcoming IBM conferences (Power Systems Technical University & IOD 2011), a recent support site release, our favorite blog articles plus a highlight of Information Management's social channels.
UPCOMING IBM EVENTS
- 2011 IBM Power Systems Technical University, October 10-14, 2011: Join the IBM Electronic Support team in Miami this October! This 4.5 day event will be the place to learn about POWER7® processor-based systems, software and solutions for companies of all sizes. The event will contain a record breaking 500 technical sessions, covering Power Systems, AIX, IBM i, Storage and Linux.
- Information OnDemand 2011, October 23-27, 2011: Join the IBM Electronic Support team in Las Vegas this October for discussions and demonstrations of the tools / processes that help increase productivity through enhanced self-service capabilities from our IBM Electronic Support portfolio.
RECENT UPDATES TO IBM SUPPORT SITES & TOOLS
- Regional Conferences - many conferences still occurring all over the world! See the links below for more information!
OUR FAVORITE "TIP OF THE DAY" ARTICLES SOCIAL CHANNEL HIGHLIGHTS
- IBM Support Portal - recently updated based on your feedback
In mid-July, IBM significantly updated the IBM Support Portal with improvements to make this worldwide one-stop site for technical resources for all IBM products even more effective and useful for our clients. Some are adjustments our clients have requested, others are redesigns to improve our clients' efficiency finding the information they need. Here's a quick rundown of new capabilities to look for.
WE VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK!
- If you have comments about this newsletter or ideas for the October edition, please use the "Add a Comment" link at the bottom of this article.
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Education Assistant
site. Click on any brand link in the center of this page, then click on
the "IBM Electronic Support tools and resources" section to expand a
listing of video topics.