IBM Support Portal Adviser Beta - recently released for a limited set of IBM products
- IBM has recently deployed the IBM Support Portal Adviser Beta to a limited set of products.
What is the IBM Support Portal Adviser?
- The IBM Support Portal Adviser (SPA) is a new, truly interactive way to search IBM support content. It provides a more human-like interaction, with more information and guidance throughout the problem description process plus enhanced search capabilities.
Why was the IBM Support Portal Adviser developed?
- The IBM Support Portal Adviser is a direct response to numerous surveys of IBM clients and IBM Support Portal users.
- You asked for:
- “Help me describe problems better ...”
- Support Portal Adviser allows the user to ask questions as if talking with an IBM Support engineer, looking for key pieces of support information.
- Support Portal Adviser asks for missing or non-specific information to ensure that the problem is clarified and well described.
- "Help me search IBM's knowledge library ...”
- Support Portal Adviser searches through multiple databases using synonyms and acronyms in addition to the refined query.
- Support Portal Adviser cross-ranks results received through 4 search engines from IBM and non-IBM sources.
- “Help me to not have to repeat myself when I submit a Service Request ..."
- Support Portal Adviser passes problem context to the IBM Service Request application and attaches the complete history (questions & answers, search history, and results) to the service request (PMR) record.
- The IBM Support Portal Adviser interprets statements posed in natural language, clarifying and/or enhancing the user's input, asking for missing information.
- It searches through multiple databases inside and outside IBM, cross-ranking search results from four search engines.
- If a service request is opened after using the IBM Support Portal Adviser, the client's SPA search history is attached to the service request record, providing IBM Support a log of what the client has already attempted to find prior to opening up that service request.
Benefits for you, our clients
- Increased effectiveness searching through the IBM Support library.
- Increased confidence in IBM Electronic Support tools and knowledge base.
- IBM Support Portal Adviser's integration with the Service Request site will speed up service request resolution.
IBM products that are part of the beta
- Our pilot products are:
- Tivoli Access Manager
- Tivoli Monitoring
- Tivoli Storage Manager
- All Power, p, i servers
However, SPA works for any IBM products, once you enter the system through one of the beta products.
Finding the IBM Support Portal Adviser Beta
- To try the IBM Support Portal Adviser, please follow these steps. (Click on the image to the right for a full-size version of the associated screen captures)
- Go to the IBM Support Portal - http://ibm.com/support
- Select an IBM product that is part of this beta:
- If it is your first time to the IBM Support Portal, you will be presented with a "Quick Start" page. Choose at least one product from the list above and click "Continue."
- If you are returning to the IBM Support Portal, make sure you have at least one of the products listed above set to "Active" in the left side's "Choose a product" module. You may use the left side's "Quick find" search to add the needed product(s) to your active list.
- Once a beta product is active, a new "Support Portal Adviser beta" module will automatically appear on the "Support home" page in the center left column, 4 modules down.
- The "Support Portal Adviser beta" module will also be visible on the"Troubleshoot" page, in the center right column, 4 modules down.
- Click on "1-2-3 Guided problem determination" to begin your trial of this application.
Submitting your feedback to IBM
- This is a beta that will be running through the end of March 2012, so it's very important that you provide feedback so that we can make this application as helpful as possible.
- How to o submit specific feedback directly to the Support Portal Adviser team:
Remember to visit the IBM Support Portal - http://ibm.com/support - and try the IBM Support Portal Adviser Beta soon! And send us feedback! Please!
- Click on the link "Help us improve Support Portal Adviser" in the "Support feedback" module on the right side of the Support Portal Adviser's pages.
- Please fill out this survey form as completely as possible.
- Note: The Beta team is looking to conduct follow on phone interviews with users of this beta application. Please fill in field #13 with your name, phone and additional contact information if you are interested in providing direct feedback to IBM regarding this beta.
For more information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://www.ibm.com/electronicsupport
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels: Twitter
| IBM Electronic Support Community Blog
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Education Assistant
site. Click on any brand link in the center of this page, then click on the "IBM Electronic Support tools and resources" section to expand a listing of video topics.