Are you looking for education related to z/OS Communications Server? We have recently posted several z/OS CS education sessions, with each session including a PDF of the charts plus an MP3 audio file:
z/OS V1R13 Communications Server Overview
This 34-minute overview covers the following topics:
- Economics and Platform Efficiency
- Application/Middleware/Workload Enablement
- Statement of Direction
Leveraging z/OS Communications Server Application Transparent Transport Layer Security (AT-TLS) for a Lower Cost and More Rapid TLS Deployment
This 41-minute presentation covers the following topics:
- SSL/TLS overview
- What is AT-TLS?
- Why use AT-TLS?
- How does AT-TLS work?
- Configuring AT-TLS
Getting the most out of your OSA adapter with the z/OS Communications Server
This 59-minute presentation covers the following topics:
- Review of the OSA hardware
- A brief refresher on QDIO
- OSA inbound “routing”
- Overview of selected recent OSA enhancements
- Network interface resilience and use of dynamic VIPAs in “flat” networks (such as the zEnterprise Intra-Ensemble Data Network)
- Monitoring OSA using SNMP
- OSA-Express3 dual port IOCP, TRLE, and z/OS CS Interface definitions
Using z/OS Communications Server for Optimized Workload Balancing to z/OS
This 69-minute presentation covers the following topics:
- Network workload balancing overview
- Communications Server load balancing solutions and recent updates
- z/OS Sysplex support for external load balancers
Do you still think IPv6 is something you do not need to deal with?
This two-part presentation (a total of 101 minutes) addresses the following topics:
- Why is IPv6 important?
- What is IPv6?
- IPv6 penetration
- Coexistence and migration
- Planning how to get there