Project success is driven by the ability to capture the evolving needs of a business and then share this information across teams in a clear and concise way. This briefing highlights the key role that requirements play in application lifecycle management -- from business needs identification, to design, development, testing, and reporting. Although requirements provide the foundation for business strategy, organizations still use isolated, ad-hoc techniques to define and manage requirements. In this briefing, you’ll learn how IBM® Rational® helps teams use requirements to create better business driven solutions.
IT managers, analysts, Software architects, developers, project managers
- See demonstrations of IBM solutions for requirements definition and management, emphasizing collaborative techniques for elicitation, definition, elaboration, validation, and management for faster execution and better quality requirements
- Be provided examples of integrated solutions and how they bring stakeholders into the process earlier and often for better project outcomes.
- See an overview of IBM Rational Requirements Definition and Management Solutions, and how it integrates across the lifecycle to align business goals and objectives with software requirements
- Learn how to use various techniques to elicit, define, and elaborate business goals, objectives, and requirements using the Requirements and Definition solution.
- Observe how quickly and easily requirements are defined by creating business and use case diagrams, rich text documents, glossaries, sketches and storyboards.
- See how business process modeling, using Requirements Composer help business users make better operational decisions about change, using modeling and simulation.
- Learn to develop better test plans and test cases to certify that business and user needs are met.
- Determine how to manage requirements in RequisitePro that have been defined in Rational Requirements Composer.
This briefing provides a look at the process of using IBM Rational Requirements Composer and IBM Rational RequisitePro to define and manage requirements. During this briefing you'll hear about, or see demonstrations of several IBM Rational tools including:
- New Jazz Collaborative Technology
- Rational Requirements Composer
- Rational RequisitePro
- Rational Quality Manager