I am on Vacation and trying to figure out what best to do...part one
CJS 120000GEY5 Comments (4) Visits (1281)
1. PHP and MySQL Web Development: Just got done with the PHP part, I liked the book, it is fairly basic, so if you don't have the time, you should get some quick tutorial and get on with it. I just installed the PDT toolkit, so hoping this is going to be an interesting December. Here is a pointer if you need the toolkit for your ecli
2. Introducing HTML 5 (Bruce Lawson, Remy Sharp): Done reading it, nice quick run down of some of the features in HTML 5, a tad bit opinionated, but I liked the approach, lots of reading, little to no doing, so if you want to write boat loads of stuff, maybe, but the book has some really nice pointers all along. I enjoyed reading the book.
3. Pro Android 2 (Sayed Hashimi, Satya Komatineni and Dave MacLean): This is a good book, but I was disappointed, I wanted to write code as I learnt stuff, I wanted to make stuff happen on my Android emulator, but sadly, lots and lots of stuff to read, but a tad bit disappointed. But I will labor on, my work is not done.
4. CSS the missing manual: I've heard a lot of good things about this book. I am done with about 80 some pages of this 500+ page book. I am ready for some CSS action now. The first 80 pages are good, I learnt quite a bit, though a lot of it, I already knew, so now I can't wait to get to the CSS layout section of the book. BTW, I still haven't found a good CSS editor, though I've heard good things about Aptana, I recall reading it was very heavy, but who am I to comment, I am still barely stepping into this world.
5. I know I have a iPhone book somewhere that I am working through as well, I do have some reference material though, thanks to some amazing work from my colleagues who wrote the dW iPhone app. If you don't have it, and you have an iPhone, you should check it out.
I know I have a few more books to read, I got to do all this while I master GT 5 on my PS 3, and watch some of my favorite movies before the year is through. Did I mention I might have to take my kids to Disney !
On a side note, here is a little something that I really thought was a cool list of Firefox plug
Have a safe and wonderful holiday, will report back in a few days.