1. At EnterpriseDB we reported year-over-year growth exceeding 250%, measured in terms of both sales and customer acquisition. In addition, EnterpriseDB had a support subscription renewal rate of more than 90% indicating customer satisfaction and achievement with our solutions based on PostgreSQL. That's nice growth and due to the excitement around our solutions and PostgreSQL.
2. Big release pending of version 8.3 of PostgreSQL which is now available for beta testing. Key features include significant performance consistency with the new HOT capabilities along with load distribution checkpoint, JIT bgwriter, Asynch commit. Also SQL/XML syntax, ENUS, UUIDS and arrays of complex types and this is just a sampling. By the way, HOT is among the most complex changes to Postgres to be implemented in the last several years. HOT was conceived, designed, implemented, and shepherded through the Postgres community development process by the EnterpriseDB team. These great additions to the product will continue to showcase that PostgreSQL community and EnterpriseDB are the innovative leaders in the open source dbms market.
3. Excitement and energy in the community. After all, the community has a great deal to be excited about especially with all the hard work that has gone into the release. Much will be discussed at the
4. More and more switchover to PostgreSQL. ISV's continue to adopt PostgreSQL because of its core capabilities, reliability and for EnterpriseDB, its Oracle compatibility built on PostgreSQL. New and innovative solutions that require a great, easy to use along with industrial strength database are turning more and more to PostgreSQL.
5. PostgreSQL Conference East will be great. The PostgreSQL Conference East is scheduled for the weekend of March 29th and 30th, 2008 in College Park, Maryland. The conference will have lots of great insight and technical sessions. If you are interested in PostgreSQL, this is the place to be. Likely to have lots of discussions about the latest and greatest additions to the product.
All in all it is shaping up to be a banner year for PostgreSQL and for EnterpriseDB who is a key champion and software vendor delivering solutions for PostgreSQL. If you haven't tried PostgreSQL, give it a try. OK. Full Disclosure. I'm a PostgreSQL evangelist and an employee of EnterpriseDB.