After years and years of using Windows XP, I recently moved to Windows 7. (It came with my new T420 work laptop). Some things I like about it:
- In some ways, it is not a big change from XP. That's good: I stayed productive when I switched to it.
- I use mostly the same software with it, all of which works fine. Another productivity gain
- I have 3 GB of RAM now. Windows 7 handles that, no problem.
- The "Search Programs and Files" from the WINDOWS button works well. Not as good as Google Desktop, but since that is no longer provided by Google, I was glad to see this new function.
- I love the WINDOWS+Tab feature that allows me to tab through the open windows in 3-D. It's a small thing, but I like it.
- I also like my new Lenovo T420 with wide screen. This makes it easier to have more happening on my desktop. Also a good thing.
There may be more great things about Windows 7 that I am missing. What I like most about it is that it doesn't make my life any more difficult. I like that alot.