6. Potential to save upto 60% of the cost of Microsoft Enterprise Agreements by purchasing required of licenses one time over a 3 year period using Select agreements (estimate based on companies with more than 250 users) (http://www.ibm.com/lotus/reducecost)
5. Opportunity to upgrade from client server environment to the web leveraging Web 2.0 and associated innovations.
4. You may not be under pressure to deal with Vista and MS Office 2007 upgrades and associated costs (software, hardware, training) this year.
3. Opportunity to explore alternate desktop OS (http://www-142.ibm.com/software/sw-lotus/lotus/general.nsf/wdocs/desktop ).
2. Adopt open standards and associated interoperability framework policies.http://www.odfalliance.org/resources/GlobalViewODFPolicy.pdf
1. Make use of this savings to fund mission critical projects.