Check this out article in eWeek: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1961455,00.asp
Survey: SOA In, Vista Out Larry Dignan, 05/12/06
Merrill Lynch surveyed 76 CIOs in April and released the survey on May 12th 2006.
- Around half of the CIOs will NOT renew Microsoft Enterprise Agreement in 2006 (trending down compared to January survey)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is hot, the next big thing for the CIOs
- Linux gaining ground
- Only 8% intend to upgrade in 2007 to Vista! 75% plan to wait for more clarity from Microsoft.
So what is the big deal?
Well, two points to note:
- Many Financial Analysts are expecting Microsoft Enterprise Agreement signings for 2006 to increase! Will it really increase or decrease, especially based on new surveys such as Merrill Lynch's.
- IBM customer experience is similar to Merrill Lynch survey findings: on SOA adoption and customers NOT renewing their Microsoft Enterprise Agreements
How does one add Lotus Domino in a SOA environment without changing the Domino Applications?
Here are some ways:
- Free Notes/Domino Portlets
- Portlet Builder for Domino
- XML access to Domino View data
- Domino JSP Tags
- Domino Java API’s
- WebSphere Portlet Factory (aka Bowstreet)
- Details on Lotus Domino 7.0 web services support is available here: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/library/nd7-webservices/
- Check out the tutorials section here: http://www-142.ibm.com/software/sw-lotus/products/product4.nsf/wdocs/appdevhomepage
- WebSphere SDK for Web Services: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/offers/linux-speed-start/sublink5.html
How about SOA and WebSphere Portal? Mobile devices?
Register for IBM SOA Development Survival Guide: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/info/sdp/soaguide/index.jsp?S_CMP=swhpfeature