This is quite an interesting list -- top 10 security/quality issues Microsoft should address asap -- per eWeek
corporate world is unsure just how well it can trust Microsoft's
Windows 7. Windows Vista was a nightmare that most companies didn't
adopt. Internet Explorer is in the news, thanks to a security breach.
And Windows Mobile
is still the also-ran in the market..."
security woes are troublesome. Not only is Windows not nearly as secure
as users would like, but Internet Explorer is causing trouble for users
as well. "
quick glance around many of the markets where Microsoft operates
reveals a staggering issue: the competition is innovating far more
rapidly than Microsoft. "
strategies have focused mainly on the short term. The future of
software is, at least by most accounts, centered on the Web. And yet,
as the most important software company in the industry, Microsoft is
lagging behind the Web software innovators. That's a major blunder"
Social Business transformation
From archive: January 2010 X
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  waltham linux open icsw company #icsw canonical #ls10 center 1 Comment 7,426 Views
This the second part of the news http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/29205.wss
1. Canonical announced offering support for Lotus Symphony, one of the core components of IBM Client for Smart Work, through Channel Partners
2. ZSL announced ICSW based PowerCube DaaS in India, USA, Africa
3. Virtual Bridges announced market momentum, and venture funding from Austin Ventures
4. IBM opened IBM Open Company Center in Waltham Innovation Center in MA...
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  #ls10 linux simmtronics center waltham symphony virtual icsw preload rajagiri canonical kita #icsw company open ubuntu saintgits bridges zxyware 1 Comment 7,684 Views
We announced IBM Cient for Smart Work in India today at Lotusphere...
This is all around ECOSYSTEM build out...
1. Simmtronics, top 5 memory manufacturer in the world announced global agreement that ships ICSW on their Simmbooks in India, USA, and many other countries worldwide..
2. In partnership with Canonical (primarily) and with Red Hat on a selective basis
3. Academic Initiative center of excellences with 3 engineering colleges in the state of kerala
4. ZSL announced Powercube DaaS in India, Africa, USA
5. Zyxware, IBM and Canonical business partner piloting ICSW in Technopark in Kerala
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  bpos cloud panasonic microsoft lotuslive collaboration 1 Comment 8,544 Views
What is the difference between IBM Cloud and Microsoft/HP Cloud?
- innovations around proven market leading IBM software and hardware capabilities
- Microsoft customers are moving to IBM Cloud - example Panasonic adopting LotusLive
- They recently agreed to agree with a claim of $250M in the next 3 years
- Microsoft customers are moving to IBM Cloud
Stay tuned for more news on this...
Check this out...
380,000 Panasonic users will start using IBM Lotus web mail, cloud software.. Their US users are switching from Microsoft to IBM Lotus.
Good writeup on customers trending towards desktop alternatives..
Excerpts from this article:
As of October 2009, about 9% of 1,414 business technology professionals surveyed by InformationWeek Analytics said that their organizations made extensive use of netbooks and 19% predicted they would make extensive use of them by 2011. About 33 million netbooks were shipped worldwide in 2009.
The worldwide thin client market may grow to 7 million units in 2012, from 2.9 million in 2007, according to IDC. Gartner (IT) expects that by 2014, 15% of traditional professional desktop PCs will be replaced by so-called virtual desktops, which also leave most computing and storage tasks to a centrally located computer, rather than maintain them at the employee's workstation.
"For every dollar I spent buying a PC, I spent 50¢ to the dollar every year maintaining it," Kapoor says. "There's a lot of technical expertise that's required to do that maintenance." iQor has eliminated its help desk and, before long, expects to cut its IT staff to about a quarter its previous size.
Short and sweet top 10 list of issues with Windows 7:
To net it out...
1. Too much of a learning curve
2. Upgrade challenged from XP (forget it), from Vista (recent study had 30% of responders having issues)
5. Not value for Enterprise
6. Starter edition a non starter
7. search needs to get better
8. little online integration