George Galambos and I gave a talk last week at the annual IBM Technical Leadership Exchange about a topic that we have been talking about for some time now: the service eco-system. If you want to build a service eco-system you may need to look at some patterns that help you build your service eco-system .
As we move towards greater maturity in the adoption of SOA,there are a number of key challenges that need to be overcome. I like to call them the Grand Challenges of SOA. The first 9 are:
1. Business Case for SOA
2. SOA Maturity and Roadmap: What do I do next?
3. Service-oriented Modeling and Architecture end-to-end
4. Industry Specific SOA
5. Building composite applications
6. Monitoring and managing across the eco-system
7. Governing the SOA eco-system
8. Eco-system flexibility with declarative policies, service management and externalized functionality.
9. Service proliferation challenges quality of service
What do you think?