Want to Mobilize Portal Web Sites ?
The answer is Mobile Portal Accelerator [ MPA ] which is an extension to Websphere Portal and renders Portal web sites on
10000 + Devices. MPA achieves this by using XDIME [ XML Device Independent Markup Extensions ] which helps to create
a common markup which can be translated to Device Specific Markup - xHTML, WML, HTML
The Latest version of MPA is 8.0 software includes support for current platforms and formats:
- Support to author and render IBM Web Content Management 8.0 content to mobile devices
- Runtime features based on WebSphere Portal Version 8.0
- Inclusion of Multi-Channel Server (MCS) 6.3.1 for enhanced content adaption capabilities—faster and more effective optimization and delivery of portal content according to the mobile device-specific capabilities of over 10,000 mobile device types.
- Integration of WebSphere Portal personalization capabilities with MCS device policies to render personalized content and applications to any device.
- Use of Media Access Proxy (MAP) 6.3.1 to automatically resize and optimize images for display to a variety of mobile devices according to their display capabilities. (The MAP function was previously performed using the Image Conversion Service.)
Product documentation for this software release also includes new "How To" and Best Practices examples, including the following:
- Deployment Best Practices: Cluster Installation, Using Virtual Portals, Updated Troubleshooting Guide
- Samples for IBM Connections profiles and GPS portlets
- Smartphone focused themes and samples, which support and provide rich user experiences.
- Themes to sync with WebSphere Portal.