Moving to IBM SmartCloud Notes Web for browser based access to mail? Notes Browser Plugin will help you access your existing Notes/Domino applications from the browser. NBP and Notes Web are closely integrated for a smooth browser based solution for mails and applications
Simple steps to configure NBP on IBM SmartCloud
You must have the following information in order to successfully configure the IBM® Notes® Browser Plug-in for use with your IBM SmartCloud™ Notes account:
- Notes client user ID
- Login name for IBM SmartCloud for Social Business. Your new SmartCloud Notes email address will be your log-in name. For example: email@example.com.
Temporary password. You get this from your administrator. You will be asked to change this password the first time you log in.
- Double-click the icon to launch the Notes Browser Plug-in.
- User Configuration Wizard is launched.
- Background: This step is not meant to configure the IBM Notes Browser Plug-in client to connect to a SmartCloud Notes mail server yet. At this point you are simply configuring the IBM Notes Browser Plug-in client so that it is in a state where it can be configured to access the SmartCloud Notes servers. What you enter into the Your name field is not significant and does not have to be a SmartCloud for Social Business login name.
- You should not enter anything into the Domino® server field. Enter a name in the Your Name field.
- Uncheck the checkbox I want to connect to a Domino server.
Note that this action greys out the Domino server field. Click Next.
Click Finish. The Notes Browser plug-in home page is displayed.
- Copy the Notes client user ID that your administrator gave you to the Notes data directory on your system.
- From the Notes menu, click File >Security > Switch ID. Note: Switch ID and Switch Location options are available only under the following conditions: on the home page, with no other tabs open, and only in Offline location. (no domino server specified in the location document)
- In your Notes data directory, select the ID file and click Open.
- Close the browser to exit the Notes Browser Plug-In.
- Click the desktop icon to open the Notes Browser Plug-In.
- In the log-in dialog box, change the location to Online.
- Enter user name and password and click Log In.
- Close the browser and exit the plug-in.