An IBM Champion is an IBM client or partner who leads and mentors his or her peers and motivates them toward IBM solutions and services. Champions can be found running user groups, managing Web site, speaking at conferences, answering questions in online forums, writing blogs, submitting wiki articles, sharing how-to videos, and writing technical books.
The IBM Champion program recognizes these exceptional contributors to the technical community. Currently, IBM Champions are in the Information Management area. Now, through May 15th, IBM is accepting nominations of champions associated with WebSphere, Lotus, and Rational as well. IBMers, partners, and clients are encouraged to submit new nominations. IBM clients and partners can also nominate themselves.
The IBM Champion program recognizes and thanks these innovative thought leaders, amplifying their voice and increasing their sphere of influence in the technical community.
What are the benefits of being an IBM Champion?
IBM Champions may receive:
- Special visibility, recognition, and networking opportunities within IBM communities, events, and conferences
- Participation in exclusive IBM online communities
- Exclusive access to IBM product development teams
- Invitations and discounts to events and conferences
- Special recognition on their developerWorks profile: The profiles of IBM Champions have special designations, such as "IBM CHAMPION" under their name and a unique icon on their profile picture. Their profiles may also include an endorsement and notable achievements in the left column to recognize their contributions to the technical community.
Read more on the IBM Champions Program Web site.