Once again, we are proud to announce the release of the latest IBM XIV Host Attachment Kit 1.10.0.
The main feature of this release is Windows Server 2012 support. From this version onward, HAK is fully compatible with your new & shiny installation of Windows Server 2012. Go ahead and take it for a spin!
As part of our ongoing efforts to improve ease of use, we have translated the Windows Installer of HAK to Japanese as well, for the benefit of our Japanese speaking users. More languages to follow.
In addition to the above, we have also resolved several bugs and known issues from previous versions, including among others:
- Increased reliability in regard to volume size reporting in xiv_devlist
- Improved stability during the configuration phase of iSCSI connections on Solaris
- Path counts are reported more accurately in xiv_devlist on HP-UX
- We have resolved a known issue in xiv_syslist on HP-UX, regarding XIV System modules and ports connected to the host
- xiv_diag now runs more smoothly on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Suse Linux Enterprise Server distributions
Of course that's not all - You may read more about these improvements as well as the rest of the enhancements and fixes in the Release Notes.
We hope you will enjoy this new release of the Host Attachment Kit, at least as much as we enjoyed developing it!
Follow this link to download the installable or portable packages and access the release documentation.
If you have comments, questions or requests, please write to us in the comments section below. We'd love to hear from you.
The IBM Host Software Team