- Create an IMS SOA and Web 2.0 Mashup with Rational Developer for System z
- Web-enable an IMS MFS transaction with IMS Mashup Center
- Enable an IMS application as a web service with IMS Enterprise Suite SOAP Gateway
- Develop an IMS application using Java and Open Database via the IMS Enterprise Suite TM Resource Adapter (TMRA)
- Develop a Java client application for IMS Connect with the IMS Enterprise Suite Connect API for Java
Matching: sample X
The Enterprise Modernization for System z Sandbox is a cloud-based demo environment where you can test out some of the most popular new features in IMS. The following hands-on step by step exercises have just been added or updated:
This sample demonstrates how to perform basic administrative tasks for a SOAP Gateway server on z/OS. Follow the instructions in the sample comments to modify the files for your environment and administrative tasks.
The zip file contains two samples: a JCL job that executes one or more SOAP Gateway management utility (iogmgmt) commands and then copies the utility output to the job log, and a sample shell script that prunes the SOAP Gateway log files according to parameters that you specify. The shell script as provided executes once, but includes basic instructions for the Unix cron job scheduling facility. The JCL can be used to execute iogmgmt commands without starting an OMVS session. These scripts are also provided with the SOAP Gateway installation package.
You can also modify the sample JCL to directly execute the sample shell script if you include the shell script as a CMD argument in the JCL.
Although these samples are intended for IMS Enterprise Suite 2.1 SOAP Gateway, they demonstrate concepts that are generally applicable to products that run under the z/OS Unix System Services environment.