This tutorial provides an overview of the steps to:
- Expose an existing IMS™ transaction as a RESTful service by using the IMS Mobile Feature Pack.
- Test the newly created RESTful service.
- Leverage the newly created RESTful service in a web application.
We will demonstrate how to expose the IVTNO transaction in the IMS phonebook application (IMSPHBK.cpy) as a RESTful service by using the IMS Explorer for Development, and how to invoke this service from a web application to add, delete, display, and update a phonebook entry.
For the solution demonstrated in this tutorial, you will need:
- IMS Mobile Feature Pack (In IMS Enterprise Suite V3.1)
- IMS Explorer for Development (In IMS Enterprise Suite V3.1)
Download the IMSMobileTutorial-Nodejs-ContactsApp.zip file. Extract this file and you will find a folder that contains the following:
- A PDF document that describes the required software and installation steps, and provides step-by-step instructions with screen captures.
- A ContactsApp folder that contains the Node.js application.
- A Copybooks folder that contains the copybook for the IMS phonebook application