On the page you will find a deduplication FAQ and the white paper Effective Planning and Use of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6 Deduplication which offers extensive guidance for successful implementations of TSM using deduplication.
Here is a taste of some of the information you will find on the new WIKI page:
There is much more to see, so please have a look and enjoy.
- What is data deduplication, and how does the technology fit in with the other data reduction technologies also available in Tivoli Storage Manager?
- What amount of data reduction can I plan for when using TSM deduplication?
- How do different types of data respond to TSM deduplication, and what factors influence the effectiveness of deduplication?
- What planning and configuration considerations should be taken for a successful deployment of Tivoli Storage Manager using deduplication?
- How do I estimate disk capacity for the TSM database and storage pools?